Hi all!

Sorry for the spam, but maybe someone can find it interesting.

http://www.halyava.ru/do/org.apache.lucene.analysis.zip

Re: Multi-language (ISpell-based) stemming Analyzer [ In reply to ]
äÍÉÔÒÉÊ ï×ÓÑÎËÏ wrote:
> http://www.halyava.ru/do/org.apache.lucene.analysis.zip

This looks great! If I understand correctly, it can be used to quickly
build stemmers for lots of languages. For example, the following page
lists the location of ispell dictionaries for over 30 languages!

http://fmg-www.cs.ucla.edu/geoff/ispell-dictionaries.html

This page should probably be referenced from the documentation.

This looks like a good candiate to include in Lucene. The test case
should first be converted to JUnit and made stand-alone (i.e., rules and
a dictionary should be included).

What do other folks think?

Doug

Re: Multi-language (ISpell-based) stemming Analyzer [ In reply to ]
Actually it's even better than a stemmer because, if I
understood it correctly, it returns a full word and
not just the stem -- very close to a morphological
analyzer.