Mailing List Archive

Avalon anybody?
> > One last thought:
> > - the crawler should be be started as a daemon process (at least
> > optionally)
> > - it should wake up from time to time to crawl changed pages
> > - it should provide a management and status interface to the outside.
> > - it internally needs the ability to run service jobs while crawling
> > (keeping memory tidy, collecting stats, etc.)
> >
> > from what I know, these matters could be addressed by the Apache
> > Avalon/Phoenix project. Does anyone know anything about it?
>
> To me Avalon looks relatively complex, but from what I've read it is a
> piece of software designed to allow applications like your crawler to
> run on top of it. I'm stating the obvious, for some.

Does anybody have experience with Avalon Phoenix?

Some time ago I stepped over an app that used it. Was it Slide? Maybe.

Regards,

Clemens

Re: Avalon anybody? [ In reply to ]
Jakarta's James and Cocoon projects are written in Phoenix part of
Avalon. I just read an article about that on Tuesday. The article was
from http://www.onjava.com/, and it was just a very high level overview
of Avalon.

Otis

Re: Avalon anybody? [ In reply to ]
Otis Gospodnetic wrote:

>Jakarta's James and Cocoon projects are written in Phoenix part of
>Avalon. I just read an article about that on Tuesday. The article was
>from http://www.onjava.com/, and it was just a very high level overview
>of Avalon.
>
>Otis

+1