Mailing List Archive

Lucene 1.2 Final Release ready for testing before general announcement
Hi,

I have created the Lucene 1.2 Final Release and put up in the release folder
on the website.
http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-lucene/release/v1.2/

It passes all the unit tests and I think it looks good.

Please try this out and let me know if you have any problems.

If I get good response. I will update the API docs and put an announcement
on the Main and Lucene web site, jakarta web site, and lucene user mailing
list.

I was thinking the announcement would be something like

The Lucene Team is proud to announce the release of Lucene 1.2
(http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-lucene/release/v1.2/).
This is the first production release of Lucene since it moved to the Apache
project. This release contains many features and bug fixes over the previous
1.0.2 release - see CHANGES.txt
(http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/jakarta-lucene/CHANGES.txt) for details.
Jakarta Lucene is a high-performance, full-featured text search engine
written entirely in Java.

Feel free to make any suggestions.

--Peter