Mailing List Archive

Powered by Lucene, what is the criteria
Hi I just read the Powered by Lucene web page and it states that:

Please include something like the following with your search results:
search powered by

Does the logo need to be in the results page or just somewhere on the site,
like the about area?

I may have just misinformed Zoe.

--Peter

RE: Powered by Lucene, what is the criteria [ In reply to ]
I think the basic criteria should be that it's clear to users that Lucene
was used to implement it.

For web-based applications this is best done by putting "Search powered by
[Lucene]" (with the logo linking to the Lucene web site) on the search
results page, and ideally on the query page too.

What should we do for non-web-based applications? Is a mention in the
"About" box good enough? I think so, but I'm open to other proposals.

Doug

RE: Powered by Lucene, what is the criteria [ In reply to ]

RE: Powered by Lucene, what is the criteria [ In reply to ]