Mailing List Archive

lexetius.com, lucene logo
Hi Peter,

I'm sorry, I never resived your message because I'm not listed in the lucene mailing list. I just found it with google. ;)

I included now the powered by lucene logo in http://lexetius.com/?internes=informationen. There is a short description of the search engine, too.

I didn't so before, because the legal stuff coming with lucene says, the names "Apache" and "Lucene" must not be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without prior written permission. I find that a little bit confusing.

Thanks

- Thomas

> Hi Thomas,

I looked at your site, but didn't see the powered by Lucene on any of the
Internes pages.

You must have the Powered by Lucene Logo on your site. Please let me know
where I can find it.

Thanks

--Peter

Re: lexetius.com, lucene logo [ In reply to ]
Hello,

I was wrong in my description of the requirements to have a site added to
the powered by Lucene. The powered by Lucene logo must be on the search
results page.

Sorry about the confusion.

--Peter

Re: Re: lexetius.com, lucene logo [ In reply to ]
Hello Peter and Otis,

OK, we have the Lucene logo now on every page.

By the way, if Lucene is used within an applet residing on CD-ROM, FSDirectory.makeLock() will fail as it tries to write to disc. Maybe it should be documented somewhere, that makeLock() in this case has to be altered as follows:

package org.apache.lucene.store;

final public class FSDirectory extends Directory {

/** Construct a {@link Lock}.
* @param name the name of the lock file
*/
public final Lock makeLock(String name) {
final File lockFile = new File(directory, name);
return new Lock() {
public boolean obtain() throws IOException {
// if (Constants.JAVA_1_1) return true; // locks disabled in jdk 1.1
// return lockFile.createNewFile();
return true;
}
public void release() {
// if (Constants.JAVA_1_1) return; // locks disabled in jdk 1.1
// lockFile.delete();
return;
}
public String toString() {
return "Lock@" + lockFile;
}
};
}

}

A better solution would be fine.

Thanks,

- Thomas

Re: Re: lexetius.com, lucene logo [ In reply to ]
Somebody wrote and contributed a read-only implementation of Directory,
just for this scenario (CD-ROM), I believe. The code is burried in the
mailing list archive somewhere, if you want to look for it.

Otis