Mailing List Archive

Setting parameters for optimized search.
My context of indexing involves the text files of maximum size of 4 mb and
the no. is about 10000.

what could be the ideal value for the mergefactor, maxfield length,
minmergedocs and other parameter for the best results? i know that these
parameter could alter the time take for indexing in great deal. eg. if we
leave the default value of maxfieldlength to 10000, then indexing will be
fast but the process discards the latter content of the larger files.

I would be more than happy if anyone could share an experience of similar
scenario.

Thanks in Advance.

WAAMAX