Mailing List Archive

Searching by metadata dand score issue
Hello,

the original post is here :

http://www.nabble.com/Question-about-hits-scores-tf3332761.html

but I am re-explaining my problem.

here is the query I am sending to lucene :

+(document_type:type0one +document_type:type0twenty0one) +state:live0

document_type and state are meta-datas. 0 is used as a separator in
"type0one " and "type0twenty0one".

And the result, hits returned :

1 hit type0one, score 100%
1 hit type0twenty0one, score 80%
1 hit type0twenty0one, score 80%

The rarer document have a score higher than other, that's why all the hits
doesn't have the same score.

However that's what I would appreciate so I used my own Similarity class
like this :

DefaultSimilarity similarity = new DefaultSimilarity();
similarity.idf(0, 1); // idf is set to 1 whithis line of code
searcher.setSimilarity(similarity);
hits=searcher.search(l_query);

But it doesn't affect the score. I always have
1 hit type0one, score 100%
2 hits type0twenty0one, score 80%

Do you have suggestions to get all the hits with a score of 100% ?
Searching by metadata dand score issue [ In reply to ]
Hello,

the original post is here :

http://www.nabble.com/Question-about-hits-scores-tf3332761.html
http://www.nabble.com/Question-about-hits-scores-tf3332761.html

but I am re-explaining my problem.

here is the query I am sending to lucene :

+(document_type:type0one +document_type:type0twenty0one)

document_type is q meta-data. 0 is used as a separator in "type0one " and

Re: Searching by metadata and score issue [ In reply to ]
I overided DefaultSimilarity :

package org.apache.lenya.lucene.index;

import org.apache.lucene.search.DefaultSimilarity;

public class PersonalSimilarity extends DefaultSimilarity {
public float idf(int docFreq, int numDocs)
{
return 1;
}

}

And I use it like this :

PersonalSimilarity ds = new PersonalSimilarity();
searcher.setSimilarity(ds);

After that all the hit have the same score wich seems to be not normalized
anymore (the new unique score value is not equals to 100% but perhaps
something about 90%)