where can one find a list of the various options (I really did try looking at
the docs, but could not find any reference to this).

--Ira
Re: Term Vectors [ In reply to ]
: "Now, you can get these term vectors per documents with the Lucene API if the
: index was built with the term vectors option."
:
: How does one invoke the term vectors option when building the index and
: where can one find a list of the various options (I really did try looking at
: the docs, but could not find any reference to this).

there are very few generic options that apply when "building the index"
... most options are specific to the individual documents as you add them
-- you can choose to store the TermVectors for the "FOO" field of one
document, but leave them out of another.

Options like wether or not a Field is indexed, stored, tokenized, or has
it's TermVector stored are all controlled when you construct the Field
object prior to adding it to the document...

http://lucene.apache.org/java/docs/api/org/apache/lucene/document/Field.html
http://lucene.apache.org/java/docs/api/org/apache/lucene/document/Document.html

-Hoss