Mailing List Archive

Indexing and DocId Sorting
Hi!

This my issue : I need to sort a lot of documents by various numeric fields.
The number of documents can reach up to 50 millions. On top of that I need
to support pagination & queries, so a result of a simple query can span many
docs.

I was told that sorting is slow in Lucene, so we built an index for each
sorting order. The sorting then it is done by DocId. We have another index
just for searching, where the sort by relevancy.

The problem is that we are building the indexes in a single threaded fashion
because we need to maintain the same order for DocId.

Do you recommend doing something else here ?

I'm using Lucene .net