Mailing List Archive

Starting from scratch
I've tried so many permutations that I decided to
start again from scratch building a mod_mbox/lucene4c
development environment.

new httpd ver 2.0.54 (built with the apr that comes
with the tarball)

new apr ver 1.1.1 (built w
--enable-experimental-libtool)

new apr-util 1.1.2

new version of mod_mbox (which seems to work when
tested)

now I try to build the gcj-backend branch of lucene4c
with my apr version 1.1.1 and I get this error
message.

Can not find suitable object file for
src/util/exception.lo
make[1]: *** [src/util/exception.lo] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/myth/steve/lucene4c'
make: *** [all] Error 2

I know I have build lucene4c without error in the past
(mod_mbox wouldn't build against it but lucene4c built
without error). What the heck am I doing wrong?

Sept 1 is coming up fast and I have yet to get a
working environment built that I can test any changes in.
Re: Starting from scratch [ In reply to ]
steve johnson wrote:
> I've tried so many permutations that I decided to
> start again from scratch building a mod_mbox/lucene4c
> development environment.
>
> new httpd ver 2.0.54 (built with the apr that comes
> with the tarball)

This is a likely source of problems. If httpd uses one version of APR
and mod_mbox and lucene4c uses another it is likely not going to work well.

> new apr ver 1.1.1 (built w
> --enable-experimental-libtool)
>
> new apr-util 1.1.2
>
> new version of mod_mbox (which seems to work when
> tested)
>
> now I try to build the gcj-backend branch of lucene4c
> with my apr version 1.1.1 and I get this error
> message.

Try the trunk, not the gcj-backend branch. Also, since you have two
different versions of APR involved, it's possible you're picking up the
version that wasn't built with --enable-experimental-libtool, which
would mean you're using the wrong version of libtool.

-garrett
Re: Starting from scratch [ In reply to ]
steve johnson wrote:

>>Try the trunk, not the gcj-backend branch. Also,
>>since you have two
>>different versions of APR involved, it's possible
>>you're picking up the
>>version that wasn't built with
>>--enable-experimental-libtool, which
>>would mean you're using the wrong version of
>>libtool.
>>
>>-garrett
>>

> So the java wrapper stuff is in the trunk now?

Yes.

-garrett
Re: Starting from scratch [ In reply to ]