Mailing List Archive

Patch/recommendation for ocf:heartbeat:Filesystem cifs
Dear Users/Developers,

we're using ocf:heartbeat:Filesystem but fail to unmount cifs mounts if the cifs server went down.
Please consider adding -l (lazy umount) to the umount_force variable in the RA.

With the above option in use, we could unmounts the cifs share cleanly without running in any timeouts.

Cheers

Stefan
Re: Patch/recommendation for ocf:heartbeat:Filesystem cifs [ In reply to ]
> we're using ocf:heartbeat:Filesystem but fail to unmount cifs mounts if the
> cifs server went down.
> Please consider adding -l (lazy umount) to the umount_force variable in the
> RA.

Does the umount -f option even make sense for cifs, or should we completely replace -f with -l when cifs is in use? the '-f' option only references NFS in the man page.

You could propose this patch as a git pull request if you want. The resource-agent's source code is located here. https://github.com/ClusterLabs/resource-agents

-- Vossel