Mailing List Archive

Hawk error message on CentOS 6.5
Hi all,

I installed Pacemaker en CMAN on CentOS 6.5. These are the installed packages:

pacemaker-cluster-libs-1.1.10-14.el6_5.3.x86_64
pacemaker-cli-1.1.10-14.el6_5.3.x86_64
pacemaker-1.1.10-14.el6_5.3.x86_64
pacemaker-cts-1.1.10-14.el6_5.3.x86_64
pacemaker-libs-devel-1.1.10-14.el6_5.3.x86_64
pacemaker-libs-1.1.10-14.el6_5.3.x86_64
cman-3.0.12.1-59.el6_5.2.x86_64

I installed the latest Hawk version from source and it starts and stops correctly. The WebGui can be loaded without issues. When I try to change anything I initially had an error about the missing cdm command, which is normal as this is a preriquisite for Hawk. I then installed crm from http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/network:/ha-clustering:/Stable/CentOS_CentOS-6/x86_64/crmsh-2.0+git46-1.1.x86_64.rpm

When I change something to the cluster I get this error message:

Kan wijzigingen niet toepassen: ERROR: 2: syntax in rsc_defaults: Expected at least one name-value pair parsing 'rsc_defaults $id=rsc-options' ERROR: 3: syntax in op_defaults: Expected at least one name-value pair parsing 'op_defaults $id=op-options'

The first part is Dutch for: cannot apply changes

Can anyone give me some pointers on where to look to get this sorted?

Thanks!

BC

Re: Hawk error message on CentOS 6.5 [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 29 May 2014 19:36:59 +0200
Bart Coninckx <bart.coninckx@telenet.be> wrote:

> When I change something to the cluster I get this error message:
>
> Kan wijzigingen niet toepassen: ERROR: 2: syntax in rsc_defaults:
> Expected at least one name-value pair parsing 'rsc_defaults
> $id=rsc-options' ERROR: 3: syntax in op_defaults: Expected at least
> one name-value pair parsing 'op_defaults $id=op-options'
>
> The first part is Dutch for: cannot apply changes
>
> Can anyone give me some pointers on where to look to get this sorted?

Hi,

This is an issue in crmsh: the crmsh CLI language parser expects at
least one value if there's an rsc_defaults or op_defaults item (the
special $id value does not count). This is incorrect, I have fixed it
upstream [1], but the fix is not yet in a released version of crmsh.

[1]:
https://github.com/crmsh/crmsh/commit/181d3024f98cd39cdea1e12bc1f2f44dd3817257

--
// Kristoffer Grönlund
// kgronlund@suse.com
Re: Hawk error message on CentOS 6.5 [ In reply to ]
On 30 May 2014, at 11:02, Kristoffer Grönlund <kgronlund@suse.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 29 May 2014 19:36:59 +0200
> Bart Coninckx <bart.coninckx@telenet.be> wrote:
>
>> When I change something to the cluster I get this error message:
>>
>> Kan wijzigingen niet toepassen: ERROR: 2: syntax in rsc_defaults:
>> Expected at least one name-value pair parsing 'rsc_defaults
>> $id=rsc-options' ERROR: 3: syntax in op_defaults: Expected at least
>> one name-value pair parsing 'op_defaults $id=op-options'
>>
>> The first part is Dutch for: cannot apply changes
>>
>> Can anyone give me some pointers on where to look to get this sorted?
>
> Hi,
>
> This is an issue in crmsh: the crmsh CLI language parser expects at
> least one value if there's an rsc_defaults or op_defaults item (the
> special $id value does not count). This is incorrect, I have fixed it
> upstream [1], but the fix is not yet in a released version of crmsh.
>
> [1]:
> https://github.com/crmsh/crmsh/commit/181d3024f98cd39cdea1e12bc1f2f44dd3817257
>
> --
> // Kristoffer Grönlund
> // kgronlund@suse.com

Hi,

I did a git clone and installed this version of crmsh. I'm happy to report that this has fixed the problem.

Regards,

BC

Re: Hawk error message on CentOS 6.5 [ In reply to ]
On 30 May 2014, at 11:02, Kristoffer Grönlund <kgronlund@suse.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 29 May 2014 19:36:59 +0200
> Bart Coninckx <bart.coninckx@telenet.be> wrote:
>
>> When I change something to the cluster I get this error message:
>>
>> Kan wijzigingen niet toepassen: ERROR: 2: syntax in rsc_defaults:
>> Expected at least one name-value pair parsing 'rsc_defaults
>> $id=rsc-options' ERROR: 3: syntax in op_defaults: Expected at least
>> one name-value pair parsing 'op_defaults $id=op-options'
>>
>> The first part is Dutch for: cannot apply changes
>>
>> Can anyone give me some pointers on where to look to get this sorted?
>
> Hi,
>
> This is an issue in crmsh: the crmsh CLI language parser expects at
> least one value if there's an rsc_defaults or op_defaults item (the
> special $id value does not count). This is incorrect, I have fixed it
> upstream [1], but the fix is not yet in a released version of crmsh.
>
> [1]:
> https://github.com/crmsh/crmsh/commit/181d3024f98cd39cdea1e12bc1f2f44dd3817257
>
> --
> // Kristoffer Grönlund
> // kgronlund@suse.com

I just found another issue while clicking the history explorer: it reports: /usr/sbin/hb_report: No such file or directory.
This is correct as hb_report can be found in /usr/share/crmsh. Creating a symlink produces a new error however.

Regards,

BC
Re: Hawk error message on CentOS 6.5 [ In reply to ]
On 30 May 2014, at 11:02, Kristoffer Grönlund <kgronlund@suse.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 29 May 2014 19:36:59 +0200
> Bart Coninckx <bart.coninckx@telenet.be> wrote:
>
>> When I change something to the cluster I get this error message:
>>
>> Kan wijzigingen niet toepassen: ERROR: 2: syntax in rsc_defaults:
>> Expected at least one name-value pair parsing 'rsc_defaults
>> $id=rsc-options' ERROR: 3: syntax in op_defaults: Expected at least
>> one name-value pair parsing 'op_defaults $id=op-options'
>>
>> The first part is Dutch for: cannot apply changes
>>
>> Can anyone give me some pointers on where to look to get this sorted?
>
> Hi,
>
> This is an issue in crmsh: the crmsh CLI language parser expects at
> least one value if there's an rsc_defaults or op_defaults item (the
> special $id value does not count). This is incorrect, I have fixed it
> upstream [1], but the fix is not yet in a released version of crmsh.
>
> [1]:
> https://github.com/crmsh/crmsh/commit/181d3024f98cd39cdea1e12bc1f2f44dd3817257
>
> --
> // Kristoffer Grönlund
> // kgronlund@suse.com

I forgot to add that I used ./configure --prefix=/usr/ , not sure if that has any influence,

BC
Re: Hawk error message on CentOS 6.5 [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 4 Jun 2014 12:08:13 +0200
Bart Coninckx <bart.coninckx@telenet.be> wrote:

> I just found another issue while clicking the history explorer: it
> reports: /usr/sbin/hb_report: No such file or directory. This is
> correct as hb_report can be found in /usr/share/crmsh. Creating a
> symlink produces a new error however.
>
> Regards,
>
> BC

Could you file an issue for this new error you are seeing?

Either here:

http://bugzilla.novell.com/

or here:

https://github.com/ClusterLabs/hawk/issues

I suspect the issue you are seeing is due to not having cluster-glue
installed (found here):

https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/network:ha-clustering:Stable/cluster-glue

We are working on making cluster-glue optional, but are not quite there
yet.

Thank you!

--
// Kristoffer Grönlund
// kgronlund@suse.com
Re: Hawk error message on CentOS 6.5 [ In reply to ]
On 04 Jun 2014, at 12:18, Kristoffer Grönlund <kgronlund@suse.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 4 Jun 2014 12:08:13 +0200
> Bart Coninckx <bart.coninckx@telenet.be> wrote:
>

>> I just found another issue while clicking the history explorer: it
>> reports: /usr/sbin/hb_report: No such file or directory. This is
>> correct as hb_report can be found in /usr/share/crmsh. Creating a
>> symlink produces a new error however.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> BC
>
> Could you file an issue for this new error you are seeing?
>
> Either here:
>
> http://bugzilla.novell.com/
>
> or here:
>
> https://github.com/ClusterLabs/hawk/issues
>
> I suspect the issue you are seeing is due to not having cluster-glue
> installed (found here):
>
> https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/network:ha-clustering:Stable/cluster-glue
>
> We are working on making cluster-glue optional, but are not quite there
> yet.
>
> Thank you!
>
> --
> // Kristoffer Grönlund
> // kgronlund@suse.com

I had the cluster-glue libs installed but not cluster-glue by itself. I just did however and the error remained. I will file a bug for this,

Regards,

BC

Re: Hawk error message on CentOS 6.5 [ In reply to ]
On 05 Jun 2014, at 11:17, Bart Coninckx <bart.coninckx@telenet.be> wrote:

> On 04 Jun 2014, at 12:18, Kristoffer Grönlund <kgronlund@suse.com> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 4 Jun 2014 12:08:13 +0200
>> Bart Coninckx <bart.coninckx@telenet.be> wrote:
>>

>>> I just found another issue while clicking the history explorer: it
>>> reports: /usr/sbin/hb_report: No such file or directory. This is
>>> correct as hb_report can be found in /usr/share/crmsh. Creating a
>>> symlink produces a new error however.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> BC
>>
>> Could you file an issue for this new error you are seeing?
>>
>> Either here:
>>
>> http://bugzilla.novell.com/
>>
>> or here:
>>
>> https://github.com/ClusterLabs/hawk/issues
>>
>> I suspect the issue you are seeing is due to not having cluster-glue
>> installed (found here):
>>
>> https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/network:ha-clustering:Stable/cluster-glue
>>
>> We are working on making cluster-glue optional, but are not quite there
>> yet.
>>
>> Thank you!
>>
>> --
>> // Kristoffer Grönlund
>> // kgronlund@suse.com
>
> I had the cluster-glue libs installed but not cluster-glue by itself. I just did however and the error remained. I will file a bug for this,
>
> Regards,
>
> BC

A bug was filed for this issue on https://github.com/ClusterLabs/hawk/issues . I chose not to file on the Novell bug site, as they probably will not fix anything that is not for SLES.

Rgds,

BC

Re: Hawk error message on CentOS 6.5 [ In reply to ]
Hi,

On Fri, Jun 20, 2014 at 10:43:55AM +0200, Bart Coninckx wrote:

> On 05 Jun 2014, at 11:17, Bart Coninckx <bart.coninckx@telenet.be> wrote:
>

> > On 04 Jun 2014, at 12:18, Kristoffer Grönlund <kgronlund@suse.com> wrote:

> >> Could you file an issue for this new error you are seeing?
> >>
> >> Either here:
> >>
> >> http://bugzilla.novell.com/
> >>
> >> or here:
> >>
> >> https://github.com/ClusterLabs/hawk/issues
> >>
> >> I suspect the issue you are seeing is due to not having cluster-glue
> >> installed (found here):
> >>
> >> https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/network:ha-clustering:Stable/cluster-glue
> >>
> >> We are working on making cluster-glue optional, but are not quite there
> >> yet.
> >>
> >> Thank you!
> >>
> >> --
> >> // Kristoffer Grönlund
> >> // kgronlund@suse.com
> >
> > I had the cluster-glue libs installed but not cluster-glue by itself. I just did however and the error remained. I will file a bug for this,
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > BC

> A bug was filed for this issue on https://github.com/ClusterLabs/hawk/issues . I chose not to file on the Novell bug site, as they probably will not fix anything that is not for SLES.

That's not true. You can also file a bug for openSUSE-Factory.

Thanks,

Dejan