Hello!

I have pacemaker/corosync cluster with postgres. Generally it works
fine, but I don't know how to perform proper shutdown of this cluster so
it will come back to normal operation after start.
For now, after restart I need to remove PGSQL.lock and perform
crm resource cleanup msPostgresql on slave to make it work again.

best regards
jarek

Re: How to restart cluster ? [ In reply to ]
Hi jarek

Do you use pgsql RA with Master/Slave setting ?
I recommend you to stop slave node's pacemaker at first
because pgsql RA removes PGSQL.lock automatically if the node is
master and there is no slaves.

Stop procedure
1. stop slave node -> suppose nodeB
2. stop master node (PGSQL.lock file is removed) -> suppose nodeA

Start procedure
3. start the nodeA because it has the newest data.
4. start the nodeB

If PGSQL.lock exists, the data may be inconsistent.
See http://www.slideshare.net/takmatsuo/2012929-pg-study-16012253 (P36, P37)

Thanks,
Taktoshi MATSUO

Re: How to restart cluster ? [ In reply to ]
Hi,

do you reboot always both nodes the same time, or do you reboot only one node.
Stopping only the resources during reboot is pretty bad. I would add the cluster startscript like /etc/init.d/openais to you start/stop sequence. This would also tell the left node about the leaving and joining node properly.

Regards
Fabian

Von Samsung-Tablet gesendet