Mailing List Archive

Adding mysql Resource - is this normal?
Hello All,

I've worked with HA and pacemaker for a few years now and today I'm
working with a Fedora 19 cluster that I just created. Following the
excellent /Clusters from Scratch/ by Andrew Beekhof I've created a
couple of resources (IPAddr and Apache) and it works flawlessly - God
how I love a document that spells out how to do something and is
actually readable and correct!

Anyway, I decided to add the mysql resource before I do DRBD stuff, just
to test it out with no shared storage or DRBD. It failed with this error:
*Jan 14 13:50:59 firethorn mysql(MySQL)[10971]: ERROR: Setup problem:
couldn't find command: /usr/bin/safe_mysqld*

I did a find on both servers and sure enough, that command didn't exist.

Doing a systemctl status mysqld.service after starting mysqld manually,
I noticed this:

mysqld.service - MariaDB database server
Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/mysqld.service; enabled)
Active: active (running) since Tue 2014-01-14 14:57:42 AST; 1s ago
Process: 2177 ExecStartPost=/usr/libexec/mysqld-wait-ready $MAINPID
(code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
Process: 2154 ExecStartPre=/usr/libexec/mysqld-prepare-db-dir %n
(code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
Main PID: 2176 (*mysqld_safe*)

hmmm, mysqld_safe is there but safe_mysqld is not. So I figured, lets
to a sym link in /usr/bin where mysqld_safe is - > *ln -s mysqld_safe
safe_mysqld*
So now safe_mysqld exists. I re-added my mysql resource and it worked.
No issues.

Is this normal guys? Why is this worded backwards?

Thanks as always,

Mike

Re: Adding mysql Resource - is this normal? [ In reply to ]
MySQL was deprecated in fc19+ in favor or MariaDB (fork of) looks like they dropped the ball on the ra, you may be able to just create a symlink, outside of that pound on fedora forum

Re: Adding mysql Resource - is this normal? [ In reply to ]
Thanks, that is what I did, create the symlink. It just seemed odd to me
that I'd need to do that.

Re: Adding mysql Resource - is this normal? [ In reply to ]
Hi Mike,

I don't know why mysqld is missing, but mysqld_safe will not work in
pacemaker, as it is "HA in itself" , meaning that if you
stop the daemon, it will be automatically re-started on the same node,
completely by itself, without any pacemaker order or even configuration.
And this leads obviously to problems under pacemaker as the re-start is
done independantly of any pacemaker orders.

Alain