Mailing List Archive

Add new node in the case of unicast with corosync v1.4.2
Hi,

We have an unicast setup with corosync v1.4.2 which is unable to reload
it's configuration file, and want to add a new node.

Our plan is to enable maintenance mode in pacemaker and restart corosync
at the nodes one by one, then disable maintenance mode. We have just
VirtualDomain and stonith resources. Is it a working method to add a new
node so that the services (resources) are not interrupted?

Is there a better way to add a new node without downtime in this
configuration?

Best regards,
Jozsef
--
E-mail : kadlecsik.jozsef@wigner.mta.hu
PGP key: http://www.kfki.hu/~kadlec/pgp_public_key.txt

Bugs: http://bugs.clusterlabs.org
Re: Add new node in the case of unicast with corosync v1.4.2 [ In reply to ]
> On 26 Apr 2015, at 5:58 am, Kadlecsik József <kadlecsik.jozsef@wigner.mta.hu> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> We have an unicast setup with corosync v1.4.2 which is unable to reload
> it's configuration file, and want to add a new node.
>
> Our plan is to enable maintenance mode in pacemaker and restart corosync
> at the nodes one by one, then disable maintenance mode. We have just
> VirtualDomain and stonith resources. Is it a working method to add a new
> node so that the services (resources) are not interrupted?

As long as you dont have a cluster filesystem, you should be fine.