Mailing List Archive

RE: [pygui] Rewrite "instance_attributes", "operations" and"expression" based on the new model
Hi,

> It's really quiet here, huh? ;-)
>
> I've improved the common model of GUI for dynamic filling and
> description. And "instance_attributes", "operations" and "expression"
> have been rewritten based on the model.
> Additionally the metadata of RA has been exploited for adding
> "instance_attributes" and "operations" objects.
>
> Changeset 11792:65350279a168
>
> Any comment or test will be welcome.Thanks!

I want to try this new feature,
but before that, there is still a build problem.

Pacemaker's crm part handles the data as "xmlNode".
Meanwhile, it seems that mgmt(= pygui?) identify it as "ha_msg".
So, compiler would say like this:
"error: 'xmlNode' has no member named 'values'", or
"warning: passing argument 1 of 'cl_get_string' from incompatible pointer
type".

Is mgmt part also going to be changed its data type from "ha_msg" to
"xmlNode" ?

Thanks,
Junko

RE: [pygui] Rewrite "instance_attributes", "operations" and"expression" based on the new model [ In reply to ]
Hi,

> > It's really quiet here, huh? ;-)
> >
> > I've improved the common model of GUI for dynamic filling and
> > description. And "instance_attributes", "operations" and "expression"
> > have been rewritten based on the model.
> > Additionally the metadata of RA has been exploited for adding
> > "instance_attributes" and "operations" objects.
> >
> > Changeset 11792:65350279a168
> >
> > Any comment or test will be welcome.Thanks!
>
> I want to try this new feature,
> but before that, there is still a build problem.
>
> Pacemaker's crm part handles the data as "xmlNode".
> Meanwhile, it seems that mgmt(= pygui?) identify it as "ha_msg".
> So, compiler would say like this:
> "error: 'xmlNode' has no member named 'values'", or
> "warning: passing argument 1 of 'cl_get_string' from incompatible pointer
> type".

in the case of compile error,
I could compile pacemaker and pygui with this combination.
http://hg.beekhof.net/pacemaker/dev/rev/41b359f6822d
http://hg.beekhof.net/pacemaker/pygui/rev/65350279a168
Pacemaker is on the way to exponential growth.

I wonder I do something the right way...
(1) build pacemaker; configure, make, install
(2) configure pygui
(3) copy all of the pygui's files to pacemaker's directory
(4) build pygui(in pacemaker's directory); make, install

How do you build them and make them work well?
The rpm that we can download from opensuse build service has no problem.

Thanks,
Junko

Re: [pygui] Rewrite "instance_attributes", "operations" and"expression" based on the new model [ In reply to ]
Sorry for the delay, i've been on vacation in Australia :-)

On Feb 27, 2008, at 6:58 AM, Junko IKEDA wrote:

> Hi,
>
>> It's really quiet here, huh? ;-)
>>
>> I've improved the common model of GUI for dynamic filling and
>> description. And "instance_attributes", "operations" and "expression"
>> have been rewritten based on the model.
>> Additionally the metadata of RA has been exploited for adding
>> "instance_attributes" and "operations" objects.
>>
>> Changeset 11792:65350279a168
>>
>> Any comment or test will be welcome.Thanks!
>
> I want to try this new feature,
> but before that, there is still a build problem.
>
> Pacemaker's crm part handles the data as "xmlNode".

I'm guessing you're using pacemaker's dev tree... thats probably not
advisable at the moment as I have been busy making some disruptive
changes before we start another stable series. Switching to libxml2
for our XML data-structure is one of those changes.

> Meanwhile, it seems that mgmt(= pygui?) identify it as "ha_msg".
> So, compiler would say like this:
> "error: 'xmlNode' has no member named 'values'", or
> "warning: passing argument 1 of 'cl_get_string' from incompatible
> pointer
> type".
>
> Is mgmt part also going to be changed its data type from "ha_msg" to
> "xmlNode" ?

Once I get the dev tree semi-stable, I'll make the appropriate changes
to pygui to allow it build with both the new and old XML data-
structures (determined at configure time).
Its not hard, the crm used to do this as well.

Re: [pygui] Rewrite "instance_attributes", "operations" and"expression" based on the new model [ In reply to ]
On Feb 28, 2008, at 11:23 AM, Junko IKEDA wrote:

> Hi,
>
>>> It's really quiet here, huh? ;-)
>>>
>>> I've improved the common model of GUI for dynamic filling and
>>> description. And "instance_attributes", "operations" and
>>> "expression"
>>> have been rewritten based on the model.
>>> Additionally the metadata of RA has been exploited for adding
>>> "instance_attributes" and "operations" objects.
>>>
>>> Changeset 11792:65350279a168
>>>
>>> Any comment or test will be welcome.Thanks!
>>
>> I want to try this new feature,
>> but before that, there is still a build problem.
>>
>> Pacemaker's crm part handles the data as "xmlNode".
>> Meanwhile, it seems that mgmt(= pygui?) identify it as "ha_msg".
>> So, compiler would say like this:
>> "error: 'xmlNode' has no member named 'values'", or
>> "warning: passing argument 1 of 'cl_get_string' from incompatible
>> pointer
>> type".
>
> in the case of compile error,
> I could compile pacemaker and pygui with this combination.
> http://hg.beekhof.net/pacemaker/dev/rev/41b359f6822d
> http://hg.beekhof.net/pacemaker/pygui/rev/65350279a168
> Pacemaker is on the way to exponential growth.

Do you mean the number of commits or are you referring to memory leaks?

> I wonder I do something the right way...
> (1) build pacemaker; configure, make, install
> (2) configure pygui
> (3) copy all of the pygui's files to pacemaker's directory
> (4) build pygui(in pacemaker's directory); make, install
>
> How do you build them and make them work well?

2, 3 & 4 should be replaced with:

2) build pygui; configure, make, install

but as mentioned in the other email, the stable-0.6 tree is probably
what you should be using right now (instead of dev).

RE: [pygui] Rewrite "instance_attributes", "operations" and"expression" based on the new model [ In reply to ]
> > in the case of compile error,
> > I could compile pacemaker and pygui with this combination.
> > http://hg.beekhof.net/pacemaker/dev/rev/41b359f6822d
> > http://hg.beekhof.net/pacemaker/pygui/rev/65350279a168
> > Pacemaker is on the way to exponential growth.
>
> Do you mean the number of commits or are you referring to memory leaks?

Before this number of commit, there is no need to take care of "xmlNode",
so I could build them and run with the heartbeat-dev.
I just want to run our code (procd, or GUI) with the latest Pacemaker in dev
tree,
because there are a lot of effective patch in it.
But it seems that the dev tree is not the spot for our trial,
we try to build our code into stable-0.6 for now, and will wait the
stable-0.7.

Thanks,
Junko