Mailing List Archive

[Question] About the change of the oracle resource agent.
Hi All,

I am going to explain the next change to our user.

 * https://github.com/ClusterLabs/resource-agents/pull/367
 * https://github.com/ClusterLabs/resource-agents/pull/439

Let me confirm whether it is the next contents that a patch intends.

1) Because it was a problem that OCFMON user was added while the oracle manager did not know it, patch changed it to appoint it explicitly.
2) Patch changed a deadline of OCFMON.(A deadline for password of the default may be 180 days.)
3) Patch kept compatibility with old RA.

Is there the main point of any other patches?

If there is really the problem that occurred, before this change, please teach to me.
I intend to really show the problem that happened to a user.
 * For example, a time limit of OCFMON expired and failed in a monitor of oracle

I am going to send a patch later.

Best Regards,
Hideo Yamauchi.
Re: [Question] About the change of the oracle resource agent. [ In reply to ]
Hi Hideo-san,

On Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at 11:07:29AM +0900, renayama19661014@ybb.ne.jp wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am going to explain the next change to our user.
>
>  * https://github.com/ClusterLabs/resource-agents/pull/367
>  * https://github.com/ClusterLabs/resource-agents/pull/439
>

> Let me confirm whether it is the next contents that a patch intends.
>
> 1) Because it was a problem that OCFMON user was added while the oracle manager did not know it, patch changed it to appoint it explicitly.

The OCFMON user and password parameters are optional, hence in
this respect nothing really changed. The user is still created
by the RA. However, it is good that they're now visible in the
meta-data.

> 2) Patch changed a deadline of OCFMON.(A deadline for password of the default may be 180 days.)

That's the problem we had with the previous version. Now there's
a profile created for the monitoring user which has unlimited
password expiry. If the password expired in the meantime, due to
a missing profile, then it is reset.

If the monitor still fails, the RA tries as sysdba again.

> 3) Patch kept compatibility with old RA.

Yes.

> Is there the main point of any other patches?

No.

> If there is really the problem that occurred, before this change, please teach to me.

As mentioned above, the issue was that the password could
expire.

> I intend to really show the problem that happened to a user.
>  * For example, a time limit of OCFMON expired and failed in a monitor of oracle

Is that with the latest version?

Cheers,

Dejan

Re: [Question] About the change of the oracle resource agent. [ In reply to ]
Hi Dejan,

All right!!

> Is that with the latest version?

I confirm RA now in Oracle12c.
It is the latest edition of oracle.

Many Thanks!
Hideo Yamauchi.

Re: [Question] About the change of the oracle resource agent. [ In reply to ]
Hi Dejan,

I confirmed it in the environment where NLS_LANG was set in Japanese(Japanese_Japan.AL32UTF8).

I changed the expiration date of the OCFMON user and pushed forward the date of the system for one year.
I confirmed that the next processing worked definitely.(...on oracle12c)

Confirmed 1) After OCFMON user became expired (EXPIRED), the monitor processing in the sysdba user succeeds.
Confirmed 2) The grep judgment of the EXPIRED character string is carried out definitely.
Confirmed 3) When we start oracle again after OCFMON user expired, the time limit of the OCFMON user is changed.

> 415        if echo "$output" | grep -w "EXPIRED"
>> /dev/null; then

> Also, could you verify if common_sql_filter() need modifications?

As a result, the correction of the next grep was not necessary.(Confirmed 2,Confirmed 3)

Best Regards,
Hideo Yamauchi.