INFO: resource references in location:cli-standby-grp_v05 updated
INFO: hanging location:cli-standby-grp_v05 deleted
crm(live)configure# verify
crm(live)configure# show changed
crm(live)configure# commit

It would be nice if that could be improved.

Regards,
Ulrich

Re: Proposal for crm shell and "show changed" [ In reply to ]
Hi,

On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 10:38:25AM +0200, Ulrich Windl wrote:
> Hi!
>
> When deleting resources using the crm shell, "show changed" will show nothing:
>
> crm(live)configure# delete prm_v05_npiv_2
> INFO: resource references in location:cli-standby-grp_v05 updated
> INFO: hanging location:cli-standby-grp_v05 deleted
> crm(live)configure# verify
> crm(live)configure# show changed
> crm(live)configure# commit
>
> It would be nice if that could be improved.

The show command shows all or parts of the current configuration.
Removed elements are not any more in the configuration. If we
were to also (somehow) show deleted elements, that would change
the semantics of the show command.*

I suppose that you'd like to be able to see a kind of list of
changes that happened since the previous commit. Perhaps a diff
would fit better? There's right now no such command. You can
perhaps open an enhancement bugzilla.

Cheers,

Dejan

*) I can see now that it should've been named "show modified" :)