Mailing List Archive

[Problem] external/vcenter fails in stonith of the guest of the similar name.
Hi All,

external/vcenter fails in stonith of the guest of the similar name.

For example, as for the practice of stonith of sr2, stonith does backup-sr2 when two guests of sr2,backup-sr2 exist.

The problem is a thing by the next search.

$vm = Vim::find_entity_view(view_type => "VirtualMachine", filter => { name => qr/\Q$host_to_vm{$targetHost}\E/i });

It seems to be caused by the fact that the correction that Mr. Lars pointed out before leaks out.

* http://lists.community.tummy.com/pipermail/linux-ha-dev/2011-April/018397.html

(snip)
Unless this filter thing has a special mode where it internally does a
"$x eq $y" for scalars and "$x =~ $y" for explicitly designated qr//
Regexp objects, I'd suggest to here also do
filter => { name => qr/^\Q$realTarget\E$/i }
(snip)

Please revise it to add a character of ^ to a search.

Best Regards,
Hideo Yamauchi.

Re: [Problem] external/vcenter fails in stonith of the guest of the similar name. [ In reply to ]
Hi Hideo-san,

On Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 09:20:53AM +0900, renayama19661014@ybb.ne.jp wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> external/vcenter fails in stonith of the guest of the similar name.
>
> For example, as for the practice of stonith of sr2, stonith does backup-sr2 when two guests of sr2,backup-sr2 exist.
>
> The problem is a thing by the next search.
>
> $vm = Vim::find_entity_view(view_type => "VirtualMachine", filter => { name => qr/\Q$host_to_vm{$targetHost}\E/i });
>

> It seems to be caused by the fact that the correction that Mr. Lars pointed out before leaks out.
>
> * http://lists.community.tummy.com/pipermail/linux-ha-dev/2011-April/018397.html
>
> (snip)
> Unless this filter thing has a special mode where it internally does a
> "$x eq $y" for scalars and "$x =~ $y" for explicitly designated qr//
> Regexp objects, I'd suggest to here also do
> filter => { name => qr/^\Q$realTarget\E$/i }
> (snip)
>
> Please revise it to add a character of ^ to a search.

Applied. Thanks!

Dejan

Re: [Problem] external/vcenter fails in stonith of the guest of the similar name. [ In reply to ]
Hi Dejan,

> > Please revise it to add a character of ^ to a search.
>
> Applied. Thanks!

I confirmed it.
(http://hg.linux-ha.org/glue/rev/0809ed6abeb7)

Many Thanks,