Mailing List Archive

Major mysql-proxy resource agent update - request for review
Hi!

I revisited the mysql-proxy resource agent and introduced a fair number
of changes. I kindly request someone to review them and provide
me with some feedback!

I still have a number of TODOs left but don't know if I'll have
them ready for the release candidate.

Moreover, I have only run the ocft tests and have not (yet) been using
the updated resource agent in my environment. If in doubt about the
impact of my changes, you can also leave them out for the upcoming
release.

Cheers,
Raoul
DI (FH) Raoul Bhatia M.Sc. email. r.bhatia@ipax.at
Technischer Leiter

IPAX - Aloy Bhatia Hava OG web. http://www.ipax.at
Barawitzkagasse 10/2/2/11 email. office@ipax.at
1190 Wien tel. +43 1 3670030
FN 277995t HG Wien fax. +43 1 3670030 15
Re: Major mysql-proxy resource agent update - request for review [ In reply to ]
Hi Raoul,

On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 12:21:08PM +0200, Raoul Bhatia [IPAX] wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I revisited the mysql-proxy resource agent and introduced a fair number
> of changes. I kindly request someone to review them and provide
> me with some feedback!

Where's the changes? Nothing attached here. No URLs either. :)

Dejan

Re: Major mysql-proxy resource agent update - request for review [ In reply to ]
On 2012-05-15 12:57, Dejan Muhamedagic wrote:
> Hi Raoul,
>
> On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 12:21:08PM +0200, Raoul Bhatia [IPAX] wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> I revisited the mysql-proxy resource agent and introduced a fair number
>> of changes. I kindly request someone to review them and provide
>> me with some feedback!
>
> Where's the changes? Nothing attached here. No URLs either. :)

wups :)
https://github.com/raoulbhatia/resource-agents/tree/mysql-proxy

Thanks,

Re: Major mysql-proxy resource agent update - request for review [ In reply to ]
On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 01:15:16PM +0200, Raoul Bhatia [IPAX] wrote:
> On 2012-05-15 12:57, Dejan Muhamedagic wrote:
> >Hi Raoul,
> >
> >On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 12:21:08PM +0200, Raoul Bhatia [IPAX] wrote:
> >>Hi!
> >>
> >>I revisited the mysql-proxy resource agent and introduced a fair number
> >>of changes. I kindly request someone to review them and provide
> >>me with some feedback!
> >
> >Where's the changes? Nothing attached here. No URLs either. :)
>
> wups :)
> https://github.com/raoulbhatia/resource-agents/tree/mysql-proxy

Looks OK to me. If it works for you (you already have an ocft
thing, commendable!), then please create a pull request. Or can I
also pull directly from this branch?

Cheers,

Dejan

Re: Major mysql-proxy resource agent update - request for review [ In reply to ]
On 2012-05-15 13:45, Dejan Muhamedagic wrote:
> Looks OK to me. If it works for you (you already have an ocft
> thing, commendable!), then please create a pull request. Or can I
> also pull directly from this branch?

Thank you. Please let me know how to proceed regarding
https://github.com/raoulbhatia/resource-agents/commit/cb6990007fac3b705f8b10ceed3d74f479524597#commitcomment-1332408

should i implement a seperate "validate_these_things_on_start_only()"
function?

Otherwise, i will issue a pull request soon.
(Maybe i get some more feedback from others by tomorrow?)

Re: Major mysql-proxy resource agent update - request for review [ In reply to ]
On 2012-05-15 13:45, Dejan Muhamedagic wrote:
> On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 01:15:16PM +0200, Raoul Bhatia [IPAX] wrote:
>> On 2012-05-15 12:57, Dejan Muhamedagic wrote:
>>> Hi Raoul,

>>> Where's the changes? Nothing attached here. No URLs either. :)
>>
>> wups :)
>> https://github.com/raoulbhatia/resource-agents/tree/mysql-proxy
>
> Looks OK to me. If it works for you (you already have an ocft
> thing, commendable!), then please create a pull request. Or can I
> also pull directly from this branch?

I haven't heard back of anyone but you and haven't been able to
thoroughly test every new aspect of the resource agent yet.

Especially the new in-depth monitoring is not in production use right
now (will be in the next couple of weeks, hopefully).

Therefore, i would suggest to keep these patches out of the release
so that we spare us of an immediate bug fix release in case something
is not working as expected.

What do you think?

Re: Major mysql-proxy resource agent update - request for review [ In reply to ]
On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 10:51:48AM +0200, Raoul Bhatia [IPAX] wrote:
> On 2012-05-15 13:45, Dejan Muhamedagic wrote:

> >>wups :)
> >>https://github.com/raoulbhatia/resource-agents/tree/mysql-proxy
> >
> >Looks OK to me. If it works for you (you already have an ocft
> >thing, commendable!), then please create a pull request. Or can I
> >also pull directly from this branch?
>
> I haven't heard back of anyone but you and haven't been able to
> thoroughly test every new aspect of the resource agent yet.
>
> Especially the new in-depth monitoring is not in production use right
> now (will be in the next couple of weeks, hopefully).
>
> Therefore, i would suggest to keep these patches out of the release
> so that we spare us of an immediate bug fix release in case something
> is not working as expected.

I love quick bug fix releases ;-)

> What do you think?

Agreed. Let's keep for the next one.