improvements which have been posted to this list or elsewhere and
never made it to the repository. If there are some which didn't
get appropriate attention, please give us a heads up and then we
can discuss the matter. Unfortunately, I cannot guarantee that
all are going to get due attention, in particular those which
would be deemed to jeopardize stability.

Best regards,

Dejan
Re: new resource agents release [ In reply to ]
Hi Dejan,

I would appreciate you for bringing up for the new release.
I really look forward to see it very soon!

Among other issues, I consider that the two issues below are critical
and want to make it for the new release somehow:

1. tomcat RA: SEARCH_STR fix
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/linuxha/dev/75950#75950

We can reconsider the patch if you're not comfortable with it, but
without fixing this, it just doesn't work with a typical
catalina_opts configuration.

2. apache RA: testregex matching fix
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/linuxha/dev/77619#77619

This looks as a regression since heartbeat-2.1.4 from user's point of view;
one of our customer reported that they had been using 2.1.4 and
apache without problems
and when they tried to upgrade to the recent Pacemaker without
any changes in apache,
it failed because of this issue.

As for the other issues posted from our team,
although it would be great if they are also fixed as much as possible,
I do not want to delay the release schedule any longer for them.

Regards,
Keisuke MORI

2012/1/27 Dejan Muhamedagic <dejan@suse.de>:
> Hello,
>
> The resource agents release 3.9.2 was end of last June, quite a
> while ago. High time to do a new one.
>
> Any obstacles or release blockers? Or other opinions?
>
> Florian and Lars, is that fine with you in particular?
>
> Now, I know that there are some fixes and ammendments and
> improvements which have been posted to this list or elsewhere and
> never made it to the repository. If there are some which didn't
> get appropriate attention, please give us a heads up and then we
> can discuss the matter. Unfortunately, I cannot guarantee that
> all are going to get due attention, in particular those which
> would be deemed to jeopardize stability.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Dejan

Keisuke MORI
Re: new resource agents release [ In reply to ]
Hi Keisuke-san,

On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 09:37:18PM +0900, Keisuke MORI wrote:
> Hi Dejan,
>
> I would appreciate you for bringing up for the new release.
> I really look forward to see it very soon!
>

> Among other issues, I consider that the two issues below are critical
> and want to make it for the new release somehow:
>
> 1. tomcat RA: SEARCH_STR fix
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/linuxha/dev/75950#75950
>
> We can reconsider the patch if you're not comfortable with it, but
> without fixing this, it just doesn't work with a typical
> catalina_opts configuration.

I'm basically clueless about tomcat (at least this kind of
tomcats :) So far nobody else volunteered an opinion on the
matter and the person (Brett Delle Grazie) who seemed to be very
involved with this RA vanished from the scene. So, I'll take your
word for it and apply the patch.

> 2. apache RA: testregex matching fix
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/linuxha/dev/77619#77619
>
> This looks as a regression since heartbeat-2.1.4 from user's point of view;
> one of our customer reported that they had been using 2.1.4 and
> apache without problems
> and when they tried to upgrade to the recent Pacemaker without
> any changes in apache,
> it failed because of this issue.

You're referring to apache-002.patch? Well, that's unfortunate as
the two are incompatible, i.e. if the configuration has
'whatever-string$' in testregex and we reintroduce
"tr '\012' ' '" that would break such configurations.

This changed a bit more than three years ago and so far nobody
complained. So, perhaps better to leave it as it is and whoever
wants to upgrade from a +3 old installation should anyway do
some good testing. What do you think?

> As for the other issues posted from our team,
> although it would be great if they are also fixed as much as possible,
> I do not want to delay the release schedule any longer for them.

There is the apache IPv6 support which is halfway ready, I'll see
if I can finish that today.

Cheers,

Dejan

Re: new resource agents release [ In reply to ]
On 01/26/2012 05:22 PM, Dejan Muhamedagic wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The resource agents release 3.9.2 was end of last June, quite a
> while ago. High time to do a new one.
>
> Any obstacles or release blockers? Or other opinions?
>
> Florian and Lars, is that fine with you in particular?
>
> Now, I know that there are some fixes and ammendments and
> improvements which have been posted to this list or elsewhere and
> never made it to the repository. If there are some which didn't
> get appropriate attention, please give us a heads up and then we
> can discuss the matter. Unfortunately, I cannot guarantee that
> all are going to get due attention, in particular those which
> would be deemed to jeopardize stability.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Dejan

If it's not too late, would you review this agent for inclusion?

https://github.com/digimer/fence_tripplite_snmp

Thanks. :)

--
Digimer
E-Mail: digimer@alteeve.com
Re: new resource agents release [ In reply to ]
Hi,

On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 12:25:59PM -0500, Digimer wrote:
> On 01/26/2012 05:22 PM, Dejan Muhamedagic wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > The resource agents release 3.9.2 was end of last June, quite a
> > while ago. High time to do a new one.
> >
> > Any obstacles or release blockers? Or other opinions?
> >
> > Florian and Lars, is that fine with you in particular?
> >
> > Now, I know that there are some fixes and ammendments and
> > improvements which have been posted to this list or elsewhere and
> > never made it to the repository. If there are some which didn't
> > get appropriate attention, please give us a heads up and then we
> > can discuss the matter. Unfortunately, I cannot guarantee that
> > all are going to get due attention, in particular those which
> > would be deemed to jeopardize stability.
> >
> > Best regards,
> >
> > Dejan
>
> If it's not too late, would you review this agent for inclusion?
>
> https://github.com/digimer/fence_tripplite_snmp

That'd be a fencing agent, right? This is just a collection of
resource agents.

Cheers,

Dejan

Re: new resource agents release [ In reply to ]
On 01/27/2012 12:30 PM, Dejan Muhamedagic wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 12:25:59PM -0500, Digimer wrote:
>> On 01/26/2012 05:22 PM, Dejan Muhamedagic wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> The resource agents release 3.9.2 was end of last June, quite a
>>> while ago. High time to do a new one.
>>>
>>> Any obstacles or release blockers? Or other opinions?
>>>
>>> Florian and Lars, is that fine with you in particular?
>>>
>>> Now, I know that there are some fixes and ammendments and
>>> improvements which have been posted to this list or elsewhere and
>>> never made it to the repository. If there are some which didn't
>>> get appropriate attention, please give us a heads up and then we
>>> can discuss the matter. Unfortunately, I cannot guarantee that
>>> all are going to get due attention, in particular those which
>>> would be deemed to jeopardize stability.
>>>
>>> Best regards,
>>>
>>> Dejan
>>
>> If it's not too late, would you review this agent for inclusion?
>>
>> https://github.com/digimer/fence_tripplite_snmp
>
> That'd be a fencing agent, right? This is just a collection of
> resource agents.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Dejan

Oh sheesh, ignore me.

/me -> needs more coffee

--
Digimer
E-Mail: digimer@alteeve.com
Re: new resource agents release [ In reply to ]
On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 03:25:32PM +0100, Dejan Muhamedagic wrote:
> Hi Keisuke-san,
>
> On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 09:37:18PM +0900, Keisuke MORI wrote:
> > Hi Dejan,
> >
> > I would appreciate you for bringing up for the new release.
> > I really look forward to see it very soon!
> >

> > Among other issues, I consider that the two issues below are critical
> > and want to make it for the new release somehow:
> >
> > 1. tomcat RA: SEARCH_STR fix
> > http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/linuxha/dev/75950#75950
> >
> > We can reconsider the patch if you're not comfortable with it, but
> > without fixing this, it just doesn't work with a typical
> > catalina_opts configuration.
>
> I'm basically clueless about tomcat (at least this kind of
> tomcats :) So far nobody else volunteered an opinion on the
> matter and the person (Brett Delle Grazie) who seemed to be very
> involved with this RA vanished from the scene. So, I'll take your
> word for it and apply the patch.

I think that this was about using the command line as pattern in
"pgrep -f $SEARCH_STR", but as according to pgrep man page, that
is actually an "extended regular expression", and command line options
may contain "special characters" (e.g. '+'), that does not work.

So one option would have been to properly regex-quote "SEARCH_STR",
before using it as argument to pgrep -f.

> > 2. apache RA: testregex matching fix
> > http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/linuxha/dev/77619#77619
> >
> > This looks as a regression since heartbeat-2.1.4 from user's point of view;
> > one of our customer reported that they had been using 2.1.4 and
> > apache without problems
> > and when they tried to upgrade to the recent Pacemaker without
> > any changes in apache,
> > it failed because of this issue.
>
> You're referring to apache-002.patch? Well, that's unfortunate as
> the two are incompatible, i.e. if the configuration has
> 'whatever-string$' in testregex and we reintroduce
> "tr '\012' ' '" that would break such configurations.
>
> This changed a bit more than three years ago and so far nobody
> complained. So, perhaps better to leave it as it is and whoever
> wants to upgrade from a +3 old installation should anyway do
> some good testing. What do you think?
>
> > As for the other issues posted from our team,
> > although it would be great if they are also fixed as much as possible,
> > I do not want to delay the release schedule any longer for them.
>
> There is the apache IPv6 support which is halfway ready, I'll see
> if I can finish that today.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Dejan
>
> > Regards,
> > Keisuke MORI
> >
> > 2012/1/27 Dejan Muhamedagic <dejan@suse.de>:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > The resource agents release 3.9.2 was end of last June, quite a
> > > while ago. High time to do a new one.
> > >
> > > Any obstacles or release blockers? Or other opinions?
> > >
> > > Florian and Lars, is that fine with you in particular?
> > >
> > > Now, I know that there are some fixes and ammendments and
> > > improvements which have been posted to this list or elsewhere and
> > > never made it to the repository. If there are some which didn't
> > > get appropriate attention, please give us a heads up and then we
> > > can discuss the matter. Unfortunately, I cannot guarantee that
> > > all are going to get due attention, in particular those which
> > > would be deemed to jeopardize stability.
> > >
> > > Best regards,
> > >
> > > Dejan
> >

> > --
> > Keisuke MORI

: Lars Ellenberg
Re: new resource agents release [ In reply to ]
Hi Dejan,

2012/1/27 Dejan Muhamedagic <dejan@suse.de>:
>> 2. apache RA: testregex matching fix
>>     http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/linuxha/dev/77619#77619
>>
>>     This looks as a regression since heartbeat-2.1.4 from user's point of view;
>>      one of our customer reported that they had been using 2.1.4 and
>> apache without problems
>>      and when they tried to upgrade to the recent Pacemaker without
>> any changes in apache,
>>      it failed because of this issue.
>
> You're referring to apache-002.patch? Well, that's unfortunate as
> the two are incompatible, i.e. if the configuration has
> 'whatever-string$' in testregex and we reintroduce
> "tr '\012' ' '" that would break such configurations.

Oops, sorry, I was only referring to apache-001.patch.

> This changed a bit more than three years ago and so far nobody
> complained. So, perhaps better to leave it as it is and whoever
> wants to upgrade from a +3 old installation should anyway do
> some good testing. What do you think?

Ok, let's move the discussion on to the relevant thread about this topic.

Keisuke MORI