Mailing List Archive

Re: I change java_home of JBoss-RA to the required parameter
Hi,

On Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 06:08:53PM +0900, nozawat wrote:
> Hi
>
> It is not usually possible that an environment variable passes.
> Therefore I revised java_home in a required parameter.

Sorry, we cannot do this. It will break existing installations.
Why would you need this parameter to be required?

Thanks,

Dejan

Re: I change java_home of JBoss-RA to the required parameter [ In reply to ]
Hi Dejan

Thank you for a reply.
JAVA_HOME is necessary by all means to start JBoss.
I did not understand a method to hand an environment variable from the outside.
Therefore I deleted change and JAVA_HOME to a required parameter.

Regards,
Tomo

Re: I change java_home of JBoss-RA to the required parameter [ In reply to ]
Hi,

On Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 11:03:40PM +0900, nozawat wrote:
> Hi Dejan
>
> Thank you for a reply.
> JAVA_HOME is necessary by all means to start JBoss.
> I did not understand a method to hand an environment variable from the outside.

Certainly there is a way to set a system wide environment
variable. Perhaps it depends on the distribution.

> Therefore I deleted change and JAVA_HOME to a required parameter.

But what's the point? The RA allows java_home to be set, so you
can do that. If somebody else has an environment already set
which includes JAVA_HOME, then they can skip setting this
parameter. Where do you see a problem?

Thanks,

Dejan

Re: I change java_home of JBoss-RA to the required parameter [ In reply to ]
Hi Dejan

> Certainly there is a way to set a system wide environment
> variable. Perhaps it depends on the distribution.
OK. Then it is deleted JAVA_HOME It is surely bad to do.

> But what's the point? The RA allows java_home to be set, so you
> can do that. If somebody else has an environment already set
> which includes JAVA_HOME, then they can skip setting this
> parameter. Where do you see a problem?
I thought that JAVA_HOME was not set. Therefore I set required=1.

In java_home, the problem does not occur because I can set it.
However, I thought that I should set required=1 if JAVA_HOME was not set.

Please destroy this patch.

Regards,
Tomo

Re: I change java_home of JBoss-RA to the required parameter [ In reply to ]
Hi,

On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 12:30:43AM +0900, nozawat wrote:
> Hi Dejan
>
> > Certainly there is a way to set a system wide environment
> > variable. Perhaps it depends on the distribution.
> OK. Then it is deleted JAVA_HOME It is surely bad to do.
>
> > But what's the point? The RA allows java_home to be set, so you
> > can do that. If somebody else has an environment already set
> > which includes JAVA_HOME, then they can skip setting this
> > parameter. Where do you see a problem?
> I thought that JAVA_HOME was not set. Therefore I set required=1.
>
> In java_home, the problem does not occur because I can set it.
> However, I thought that I should set required=1 if JAVA_HOME was not set.
>
> Please destroy this patch.

OK.

Thanks,

Dejan