Mailing List Archive

Heartbeat 0.4.8e now on web site
Hi,

Heartbeat 0.4.8e is now on the Linux-HA web site.

It contains the following features beyond 0.4.8:

+ Dynamic module loading to decrease locked-in-memory footprint
and allow future growth without bloat
+ Incorporated new ldirectord version
+ Added STONITH API library
+ Added STONITH option to heartbeat (stonith)
+ Added heartbeat API library
+ Added late heartbeat warning for heartbeats that arrive later than
0.75 of deadtime (warntime option)
+ Added better protection against replay attacks
+ Added detection of and recovery from cluster partitions
+ Added ping node/membership/link type for tiebreaking. This will
be useful when implementing quorum on 2-node systems.
+ Fixed byte-ordering problem related to output in findif.c.
There are probably more, related to input :-(
+ More SuSE-compatibility changes thanks to Marius Tomaschewski
<mt@suse.de>

The following problems still exist:
The heartbeat API still needs some minor revisions

Other than this, it seems to be in pretty good shape.

-- Alan Robertson
alanr@suse.com

[.PS I can't seem to receive mail at the present time, so my answers to
your questions may be delayed]
Heartbeat 0.4.8e now on web site [ In reply to ]
Alan Robertson writes:
> Heartbeat 0.4.8e is now on the Linux-HA web site.
>
> It contains the following features beyond 0.4.8:
>
> + Dynamic module loading to decrease locked-in-memory footprint
> and allow future growth without bloat
> + Incorporated new ldirectord version
> + Added STONITH API library
> + Added STONITH option to heartbeat (stonith)

Hello Alan, et al.,

Do you already have a standalone program to exercise the STONITH API?
This would be a big help when developing new STONITH modules.

Thanks,
-Eric.
Heartbeat 0.4.8e now on web site [ In reply to ]
"Eric Z. Ayers" wrote:

> Alan Robertson writes:
> > Heartbeat 0.4.8e is now on the Linux-HA web site.
> >
> > It contains the following features beyond 0.4.8:
> >
> > + Dynamic module loading to decrease locked-in-memory footprint
> > and allow future growth without bloat
> > + Incorporated new ldirectord version
> > + Added STONITH API library
> > + Added STONITH option to heartbeat (stonith)
>
> Hello Alan, et al.,
>
> Do you already have a standalone program to exercise the STONITH API?
> This would be a big help when developing new STONITH modules.

Yeah, it's called "stonith". /usr/sbin/stonith.

If you're developing new Stonith modules, please start from the CVS version.
Marcelo just added dynamic loading to the Stonith library yesterday ;-)
This affects the implementation, but not the API.

-- Alan Robertson
alanr@suse.com