Mailing List Archive

Heartbeat 0.4.8c now on web site
Hi,

Heartbeat 0.4.8c is now on the Linux-HA web site.

It contains the following features beyond 0.4.8:

+ Incorporated new ldirectord version
+ Added STONITH API library
+ Added STONITH option to heartbeat (stonith)
+ Added heartbeat API code
+ Added late heartbeat warning for heartbeats that arrive later than
0.75 of deadtime (warntime option)
+ Added better protection against replay attacks
+ Added detection of and recovery from cluster partitions
+ Added ping node/membership/link type for tiebreaking. This will
be useful when implementing quorum on 2-node systems.
+ Fixed byte-ordering problem related to output in findif.c.
There are probably more, related to input ;-)
+ More SuSE-compatibility changes thanks to Marius Tomaschewski
<mt@suse.de>

The STONITH API library is now a library, not just a .o file ;-)

The heartbeat API library is now also a library.

The following problems still exist:
The heartbeat API still needs some minor revisions
The cluster partition recovery is still not all there.
(but I think I know what to do about it now)

Other than this, it seems to be in pretty good shape.

-- Alan Robertson
alanr@suse.com
Heartbeat 0.4.8c now on web site [ In reply to ]
Alan Robertson wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Heartbeat 0.4.8c is now on the Linux-HA web site.

But it doesn't work. It is missing some essential libraries that happen to
be on my system.

Sorry!

-- Alan Robertson
alanr@suse.com
Heartbeat 0.4.8c now on web site [ In reply to ]
I've also noticed that the rpm build doesn't properly install the init
scripts:

Processing files: heartbeat-0.4.8c-1
File not found: /var/tmp/heartbeat-root/etc/rc.d/init.d/heartbeat
File not found: /var/tmp/heartbeat-root/etc/rc.d/init.d/ldirectord

-jeremy

> Alan Robertson wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Heartbeat 0.4.8c is now on the Linux-HA web site.
>

> But it doesn't work. It is missing some essential libraries that happen to
> be on my system.
>
> Sorry!
>
> -- Alan Robertson
> alanr@suse.com

> Linux HA Web Site:
> http://linux-ha.org/
> Linux HA HOWTO:
> http://metalab.unc.edu/pub/Linux/ALPHA/linux-ha/High-Availability-HOWTO.html

eholes.org * jeremy@eholes.org
eholes have feelings too...
Heartbeat 0.4.8c now on web site [ In reply to ]
Jeremy Hansen wrote:

> I've also noticed that the rpm build doesn't properly install the init
> scripts:
>
> Processing files: heartbeat-0.4.8c-1
> File not found: /var/tmp/heartbeat-root/etc/rc.d/init.d/heartbeat
> File not found: /var/tmp/heartbeat-root/etc/rc.d/init.d/ldirectord

This is probably the result of the missing libraries. Hopefully I'll have a
'd' version up on the site in an hour or so...

Sorry!

-- Alan Robertson
alanr@suse.com
Heartbeat 0.4.8c now on web site [ In reply to ]
Alan Robertson wrote:

> Jeremy Hansen wrote:
> >
> > I've also noticed that the rpm build doesn't properly install the init
> > scripts:
> >
> > Processing files: heartbeat-0.4.8c-1
> > File not found: /var/tmp/heartbeat-root/etc/rc.d/init.d/heartbeat
> > File not found: /var/tmp/heartbeat-root/etc/rc.d/init.d/ldirectord
>
> This is probably the result of the missing libraries. Hopefully I'll have a
> 'd' version up on the site in an hour or so...

The 'd' version is now up on the web site. I also seemed to have gotten a
reasonable fix in for the partitioned cluster problem (I just restart
whoever discovers it, after giving up resources).

-- Alan Robertson
alanr@suse.com