Mailing List Archive

Heartbeat 0.4.8 now on web site
Hi,

We've finally put Version 0.4.8 of heartbeat up on the web!

This is major, stable, release.

As a bonus, the tar includes the code for the Stonith reference
implementation, and the beginning of the heartbeat API (these also
on the CVS repository)

+ Updated to Jacob Rief's ldirectord version 1.9.
+ Made the order of resource takeover more rational: Takeover is now
left-to-right, and giveup is right-to-left
+ Changed the default port number to our official IANA port number
(694)
+ Regularized more messages, eliminated some redundant ones.
+ Print the version of heartbeat when starting.
+ Hosts now have 3 statuses {down, up, active} active means that it
knows that all its links are operational, and it's safe to send
cluster messages
+ Significant revisions to nice_failback (mainly due to lclaudio)
+ More SuSE-compatibility. Thanks to Friedrich Lobenstock
<fl@fl.priv.at>
+ Tidied up logging so it can be to files, to syslog or both (Horms)
+ Tidied up build process (Horms)
+ Updated ldirectord to produce and install a man page and be
compatible with the fwmark options to The Linux Virtual Server
(Horms)
+ Added log rotation for ldirectord and heartbeat using logrotate
if it is installed
+ Added Audible Alarm resource by Kirk Lawson <lklawson@heapy.com>
and myself (Horms)
+ Added init script for ldirectord so it can be run independently
of heartbeat (Horms)
+ Added sample config file for ldirectord (Horms)
+ An empty /etc/ha.d/conf/ is now part of the rpm distribution
as this is where ldirectord's configuration belongs (Horms)
+ Minor startup script tweaks. Hopefully, we should be able to make
core files should we crash in the future. Thanks to Holger
Kiehl for diagnosing the problem!
+ Fixed a bug which kept the "logfile" option from ever working.
+ Added a TestCluster test utility. Pretty primitive so far...
+ Fixed the serial locking code so that it unlocks when it shuts down.
+ Lock heartbeat into memory, and raise our priority
+ fixed incessant whining about no one owning local resources, if
there
weren't any defined. Other minor fixes, too...

The nice_failback code has been very extensively tested - more so than
any previous version of heartbeat. It was tested with the new
TestCluster tool.

SO... It includes lots of new fixes... Lots of new features!

Give it a try!

Now, on to the API...

I'm aiming for a 0.5 release which is in really good shape, including
the API.

-- Alan Robertson
alanr@suse.com