owners of the resources.

Regards.

Jorge

Jorge Boncompte - Técnico de sistemas
DTI2 - Desarrollo de la Tecnología de las Comunicaciones
C/ Abogado Enriquez Barrios, 5 14004 CORDOBA (SPAIN)
Tlf:+34 957 761395 / Móvil:+34 696 906252 / FAX:+34 957 450380
jorge@dti2.net _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_ http://www.dti2.net
How to detect a cabling problem? [ In reply to ]
"Jorge Boncompte (DTI2)" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Well my question is how can heartbeat detect that there is a cabling
> problem? In my scenario, I have two machines with heartbeat 0.4.7b working
> fine with ethernet and a serial link. If machine A goes down, machine B
> takesover the resources (an IP address). But if I unplug machine A from
> ethernet instead of turn it off, machine B takesover the IP adress until I
> reconnect machine A. After that both machines assume that they are the
> owners of the resources.

This means your serial link isn't working. 0.4.7b should detect this
broken link and complain, at least if it's properly configured.

In fact, there should be several such messages in your logs, as at least
two different pieces of code note the problem in different ways.

If you would send your configuration files, and the logs from startup to
each machine detecting the other is down, then the problem might become
a little clearer.

Thanks!!

-- Alan Robertson
alanr@suse.com