Mailing List Archive

Announcing heartbeat 0.4.7b
Hi,

Version 0.4.7b is now on the web site, and fixes several minor problems
which have been reported in the past. It also locks heartbeat into
memory, and changes it's priority in an attempt to fix the problem with
a node declaring itself dead.

+ Version 0.4.8 BETA series
+ Made the RPM more SuSE-compatible
+ Tidied up logging so it can be to files, to syslog or both (Horms)
+ Tidied up build process (Horms)
+ Updated ldirectord to produce and install a man page and be
compatible with the fwmark options to The Linux Virtual Server
(Horms)
+ Added log rotation for ldirectord and heartbeat using logrotate
if it is installed
+ Added Audible Alarm resource by Kirk Lawson <lklawson@heapy.com>
and myself (Horms)
+ Added init script for ldirectord so it can be run independently
of heartbeat (Horms)
+ Added sample config file for ldirectord (Horms)
+ An empty /etc/ha.d/conf/ is now part of the rpm distribution
as this is where ldirectord's configuration belongs (Horms)
+ Minor startup script tweaks. Hopefully, we should be able to make
core
files should we crash in the future. Thanks to Holger Kiehl for
diagnosing
the problem.
+ Changed the default port number to our official IANA port number
(694)
+ Fixed the serial locking code so that it unlocks when it shuts down.
+ Lock heartbeat into memory, and raise our priority

-- Alan Robertson
alanr@suse.com