Mailing List Archive

Preliminary packet retransmission code
Hi,

For the brave...

I have put preliminary packet retransmission code into the CVS version.

It works well as far as it goes.

It will recover from the loss of a number of packets, but will not recover from
the loss of the "retransmission request" packet. So, this is at least 100 times
better than it was, but not yet done.

This will hopefully prevent lost packets resulting in resources not being taken
over like they should. This is a rare occurrance.

I also paves the way for a much better cluster manager. (Like the one Volker's
working on).

If you install this and try it, please let me know how it goes.

Also for Thomas Hepper who said:

> One small whish, there is still an error message in the log file on start:
> heartbeat: 1999/11/22_18:23:55 error: Cannot open /proc/ha/.control: No such fil
> e or directory
>
> Can you fix this ... :-)
>
> Thomas

It should be fixed in the CVS version. Sorry I forgot about it.

Thanks!

-- Alan Robertson
alanr@bell-labs.com