Mailing List Archive

Re: Heartbeat 0.4.5c now available [initial resource takeoverfixed?]
jacob.rief@tis.at wrote:

> Hello Alan,
> yesterday I installed heartbeat-0.4.5c-1.i386.rpm with rpm --install, but
> the initial resource takeover did still not work. The compiled version of
> heartbeat-0.4.5c worked without any problems. I am running Redhat-6.1
> with a 2.2.12 kernel.
<snip>

Well... It appears that there are two problems then. Two of the folks that
had problems before still do, and one is fixed.

I'll let you know how it goes...

Thanks for your patience!

-- Alan Robertson
alanr@bell-labs.com
Re: Heartbeat 0.4.5c now available [initial resource takeoverfixed?] [ In reply to ]
Alan Robertson wrote:

> jacob.rief@tis.at wrote:
> >
> > Hello Alan,
> > yesterday I installed heartbeat-0.4.5c-1.i386.rpm with rpm --install, but
> > the initial resource takeover did still not work. The compiled version of
> > heartbeat-0.4.5c worked without any problems. I am running Redhat-6.1
> > with a 2.2.12 kernel.
> <snip>
>
> Well... It appears that there are two problems then. Two of the folks that
> had problems before still do, and one is fixed.
>
> I'll let you know how it goes...

Found it (but haven't fixed it yet). Here's the log entries (with a little
better debugging output):

heartbeat: 1999/11/10_20:14:23 info: Requesting our resources.
heartbeat: 1999/11/10_20:14:23 error:
[/var/tmp/heartbeat-root//usr/lib/heartbeat/req_resource 135.9.216.111 &]
returned -1

OOPS!

Some kind of goofball problem with the variable HALIB being set to include the
RPM relocation information. A makefile problem. Mea culpa.

The reason why it works when built locally is that the directory
/var/tmp/heartbeat-root
isn't removed (bad scripts!), and so the system(3) call above works.

I'll let you know when it's fixed (should be tonight).

-- Alan Robertson
alanr@bell-labs.com