Mailing List Archive

Heartbeat 0.4.5d prerelease available for download
Hi,

I've uploaded heartbeat 0.4.5d to the download directory of the web site, but
there are no pointers to it on the web site. The URLs are what you'd expect:

http://www.henge.com/~alanr/ha/download/heartbeat-0.4.5d.tar.gz
http://www.henge.com/~alanr/ha/download/heartbeat-0.4.5d-1.src.rpm
http://www.henge.com/~alanr/ha/download/heartbeat-0.4.5d-1.i386.rpm

Give it a shot, and see what you think.

It has all the fixes I've been given so far, and includes code so that simply
invoking heartbeat is enough to start it and acquire resources, and killing it
is enough to cause it to shut down correctly, including giving up resources. No
need to call rc.d/init.d/heartbeat if you don't want to. Logging is now
controlled for everything from the ha.cf file. Before, the various shell
scripts ignored this information. Now they all obey it (or at least I think
they do :-)) Guenther Thomsen did 90% of the work for this one...

This should have the fixes to Thomas Hepper's watchdog device problem. Since I
haven't heard back from him on his 'auth' problem, that one is still open...

-- Alan Robertson
alanr@bell-labs.com

Heartbeat 0.4.5d prerelease available for download [ In reply to ]
Hi,
On Sun, Oct 03, 1999 at 10:05:09PM -0600, Alan Robertson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've uploaded heartbeat 0.4.5d to the download directory of the web site, but
> there are no pointers to it on the web site. The URLs are what you'd expect:
>
> http://www.henge.com/~alanr/ha/download/heartbeat-0.4.5d.tar.gz
> http://www.henge.com/~alanr/ha/download/heartbeat-0.4.5d-1.src.rpm
> http://www.henge.com/~alanr/ha/download/heartbeat-0.4.5d-1.i386.rpm
>
> Give it a shot, and see what you think.
>
> This should have the fixes to Thomas Hepper's watchdog device problem. Since I
> haven't heard back from him on his 'auth' problem, that one is still open...

OK, i have still problems with the auth stuff, but it might be that this
is a problem with my serial hardware ..., some packets are okay, some
not. The strange thing is that the rate of good/bad packets is constant.
I have added some debug, and there i can see 3 packets ok, 1 bad,
3 ok, 1 bad ...... There is no difference between 9600/19200 baud
a line speed.

I will check this tomorrow with a different setup (2 net interfaces
, no serial interface )

The module loading for the ha module still does not work, no loading
of the module.

The init of the fifo still fails if there is a file calle heartbeat-fifo

heartbeat: 1999/10/04_19:20:25 info: ***********************
heartbeat: 1999/10/04_19:20:25 info: Configuration validated. Starting heartbeat
.
heartbeat: 1999/10/04_19:20:25 error: /var/run/heartbeat-fifo is not a FIFO
heartbeat: 1999/10/04_19:20:55 info: ***********************

Thats all for the moment .....

Thomas
| Thomas Hepper th@ant.han.de |
| ( If the above address fail try ) |
| ( thomas.hepper@planet-interkom.de) |
Heartbeat 0.4.5d prerelease available for download [ In reply to ]
Hi,

Heartbeat 0.4.5d prerelease available for download [ In reply to ]
Hi,
On Mon, Oct 04, 1999 at 08:03:22PM +0200, Thomas Hepper wrote:

> OK, i have still problems with the auth stuff, but it might be that this
> is a problem with my serial hardware ..., some packets are okay, some
> not. The strange thing is that the rate of good/bad packets is constant.
> I have added some debug, and there i can see 3 packets ok, 1 bad,
> 3 ok, 1 bad ...... There is no difference between 9600/19200 baud
> a line speed.
>
> I will check this tomorrow with a different setup (2 net interfaces
> , no serial interface )

OK here it works, so it might be a problem with my serial setup ....

Heartbeat 0.4.5d prerelease available for download [ In reply to ]
Hi,