Is there some way to return the results in this way without having to
sort? Would I need to alter how the documents are scored?

Thanks
Returning results by modified date [ In reply to ]
On Oct 17, 2006, at 8:16 AM, Roger Dooley wrote:

> Is there some way to return the results in this way without having
> to sort?

Not right now. However, this item is near the top of my to-do list,
and I thought as recently as two weeks ago that I could deliver it
within a week. Turns out, I have to finish a round of refactoring
I've been working on for some time before sorting can be addressed.

A related feature that should be delivered along with the sort
functionality is RangeFilter, which will allow you to constrain your
search to a given range of dates.

Marvin Humphrey
Rectangular Research
http://www.rectangular.com/
Returning results by modified date [ In reply to ]
At 8:49 -0700 2006.10.18, Marvin Humphrey wrote:
>On Oct 17, 2006, at 8:16 AM, Roger Dooley wrote:
>
>> Is there some way to return the results in this way without having
>> to sort?
>
>Not right now. However, this item is near the top of my to-do list,
>and I thought as recently as two weeks ago that I could deliver it
>within a week. Turns out, I have to finish a round of refactoring
>I've been working on for some time before sorting can be addressed.
>
>A related feature that should be delivered along with the sort
>functionality is RangeFilter, which will allow you to constrain your
>search to a given range of dates.

Very nice. Any ETA (heavy emphasis on the E!) for this?

--
Chris Nandor pudge@pobox.com http://pudge.net/
Open Source Technology Group pudge@ostg.com http://ostg.com/
Returning results by modified date [ In reply to ]
>Not right now. However, this item is near the top of my to-do list,
>and I thought as recently as two weeks ago that I could deliver it
>within a week. Turns out, I have to finish a round of refactoring
>I've been working on for some time before sorting can be addressed.
>
>A related feature that should be delivered along with the sort
>functionality is RangeFilter, which will allow you to constrain your
>search to a given range of dates.

Thanks for the information. I'm looking forward to this piece of
functionality. Also, if you need someone to test this, I would be more
than happy to do this.

Thanks,
Roger