Anyway, here goes with my spam-sucking public email address: as
previously discussed, I'd like to personally sponsor some work on getting
the deduping patch folded into the current svn multisearcher code.

Your comments late last year suggested you had made a good start - any
comments on progress? No worries if you're bogged down, just seeking a
comment on status.

Thanks
Henry

Re: Deduping on current multisearcher [ In reply to ]
On Jan 28, 2008, at 5:48 AM, henka@cityweb.co.za wrote:

> I'm not sure if you've received my other correspondence (from my
> private
> email) re the Subject line - maybe there's a filter or something in
> place
> :)

There does appear to have been a communication breakdown. :(

It's possible, though unlikely, that my well-meaning spam hamsters
routed the message incorrectly. Another possibility is that I
manually deleted it by mistake -- I hit the delete key an awful lot,
and occasionally I slip up. Having had the same email address for
over a decade, and having been a frequent contributor to public
forums going back to usenet, I'm on a bazillion spammer lists, and
every day brings a blizzard for me and the hamsters to fight through.

If anyone has trouble getting through to me, please try the "bonus
word" stratagem described at <http://www.rectangular.com/about.html>,
which short circuits around my spam filters.

I often dream of a white-listing, authenticating email system,
parallel to and completely separate from the present email system.
One where I could fire up an email client and KNOW that every item
was legit, at the penalty of having to approve every source...

Marvin Humphrey
Rectangular Research
http://www.rectangular.com/

Re: Deduping on current multisearcher [ In reply to ]

> On Jan 28, 2008, at 5:48 AM, henka@cityweb.co.za wrote:
>
>> I'm not sure if you've received my other correspondence (from my
>> private
>> email) re the Subject line - maybe there's a filter or something in
>> place
>> :)
>
> There does appear to have been a communication breakdown. :(
>
> It's possible, though unlikely, that my well-meaning spam hamsters
> routed the message incorrectly. Another possibility is that I
> manually deleted it by mistake -- I hit the delete key an awful lot,
> and occasionally I slip up. Having had the same email address for
> over a decade, and having been a frequent contributor to public
> forums going back to usenet, I'm on a bazillion spammer lists, and
> every day brings a blizzard for me and the hamsters to fight through.

Sounds terribly familiar. We finally settled on greylisting+spamassassin
- my inbox is now so regularly empty I feel like something must be
wrong...

I'll revisit your 'bonus word' mechanism and resend - sorry, forgot about
that.

Regards
Henry