At first glance, it seems the answer is no.

--
Eric Lease Morgan

Re: lucene indexes [ In reply to ]
On Jan 26, 2008, at 7:22 AM, Eric Lease Morgan wrote:

> Can KinoSearch (version 0.162) read Lucene (version 2.3.0) indexes?
> At first glance, it seems the answer is no.

The only release of KS that could read a Lucene (version 1.4.3) index
was 0.05, and that was only for pure ASCII source material.

The Lucene file format is gnarly -- it uses the illegal aberration
"modified UTF-8" for text encoding, it's compromised by exceedingly
complex optimizations, etc. The format wasn't originally designed to
be public; the spec was published as an afterthought. Developments
since 1.4.3 have made it even harder to work with.

Marvin Humphrey
Rectangular Research
http://www.rectangular.com/

Re: lucene indexes [ In reply to ]
On Jan 26, 2008, at 10:41 AM, Marvin Humphrey wrote:

> The only release of KS that could read a Lucene (version 1.4.3)
> index was 0.05, and that was only for pure ASCII source material.
>
> The Lucene file format is gnarly -- it uses the illegal aberration
> "modified UTF-8" for text encoding, it's compromised by exceedingly
> complex optimizations, etc. The format wasn't originally designed
> to be public; the spec was published as an afterthought.
> Developments since 1.4.3 have made it even harder to work with.

Alas, sigh.

BTW, I see that version 0.20 of KinoSearch supports sorting. Cool!

--
Eric Lease Morgan