Dear all,
I am new to KinoSearch and have a problem running multi-field query. What I
am trying to do is to search for documents using two or more indexed fields
(say, title and description). The query itself contains title and
description part and my aim is to search for all those documents matching
the corresponding title and description. Please tell me which module to run
and please (if possible) briefly explain how to use it.

Regards.
Re: Reg: "Search by field" [ In reply to ]
> Dear all,
> What I
> am trying to do is to search for documents using two or more indexed
> fields
> (say, title and description). The query itself contains title and
> description part and my aim is to search for all those documents matching
> the corresponding title and description. Please tell me which module to
> run and please (if possible) briefly explain how to use it.

Hello Ankur,

How about posting the code you're using? That way it makes it easier to
help.

Have you tried the sample tutorial available at
http://www.rectangular.com/kinosearch/docs/stable/KinoSearch/Docs/Tutorial.html
?

I would imagine your search would be as simple as searching for:
+title:abc +description:123

Providing you have defined the indexed fields 'title' and 'description'.

Regards
Henry

Re: Reg: "Search by field" [ In reply to ]
> Sir,
> Could you please elaborate on how does "+title:abc +description:123" work.
>
> I tried using this but it said "NO results" :-
> http://www.rectangular.com/cgi-bin/uscon_search.cgi?q=title%3Aamendment&offset=0

Maby that online facility is in a bit of flux or is undergoing
maintenance; how about downloading the code and following the included
tutorial - this should work as expected and you'll have full control over
what's happening.

If it doesn't, you can post your test code and we can assist from there.

Regards
Henry

Re: Reg: "Search by field" [ In reply to ]
>> Could you please elaborate on how does "+title:abc +description:
>> 123" work.
>>
>> I tried using this but it said "NO results" :-
>> http://www.rectangular.com/cgi-bin/uscon_search.cgi?q=title%
>> 3Aamendment&offset=0

The field_name:search_term search syntax is now turned off by default
in the devel branch. Here's how to access it:

my $qparser = KinoSearch::QueryParser->new( schema => MySchema-
>new );
$qparser->set_heed_colons(1);
my $query = $qparser->parse($query_string);
my $hits = $searcher->search( query => $query );

Marvin Humphrey
Rectangular Research
http://www.rectangular.com/