"The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success."
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
Help: XML Query [ In reply to ]
On 8/8/07, Ermias Abebe <ermiasabe@gmail.com> wrote:
> I would appreciate if someone tells me if it is possible to provide an XML
> formatted query to Kinosearch. Is there an existing implementation for this?
> If I have to implemnet it myself, I would also be happy to get some pointers
> (like where to start, etc).

There is no built in way of doing this. It is possible that someone
might have a private version to offer, but it shouldn't be too hard to
make it work on your own. The primary code you should start looking
at would be in "perl/lib/KinoSearch/QueryParser.pm".

Depending on your exact needs, though, I would seriously consider just
writing a layer to translate the XML query into the existing query
syntax. If the queries you are considering can be expressed as a
parenthesized boolean expression, this would certainly be the simplest
solution, and likely easiest to maintain.

Nathan Kurz
nate@verse.com
Help: XML Query [ In reply to ]
Hi Nathan,

Thanks for your prompt reply. I will first go through the code as suggested
and come back if I have a problem.

Regards