Mailing List Archive

Sox and /dev/video24?
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to use sox to convert to the pcm stream from /dev/video24 to
ogg. I've seen some suggestions in the mailing list, but those are from
quite a while ago, and the sox options seem to have changed.

What I'm specifically wrestling with is the 'data encoding' of the stream.
I've tried:

sox -t raw -r 48000 -b 16 -e unsigned-integer -c2 test.pcm test.ogg

This will do the conversion without complaint, but the output sounds
terrible (though I can kind of hear the right audio in the static). I've
monkeyed with signed-integer, and bitdepths. Trying other encodings fails
- I think that more args are needed to fully define the encoding.

Is anyone successfully using sox to encode /dev/video24? Anyone have
details on the PCM stream?

Thanks for any help!

Todd