Is there support in ivtv for Japanese 1Seg?

I found a site working on a driver, but I don't recognize the module name:

http://www.mpeg2ts.com/UOT-100/

I also have a DH-ONE tuner, which does not appear to be associated with the
above driver:

http://www.mpeg2ts.com/DH-ONE_U2/

I'm not entirely sure there's even a USB driver to handle this.

Japan plans to make the big switch next month!
Re: ISDB-T, aka One Seg aka ワンセグ [ In reply to ]
On Sat, 2011-06-04 at 21:24 +0900, David Pimentel wrote:
> Is there support in ivtv for Japanese 1Seg?
>
> I found a site working on a driver, but I don't recognize the module
> name:
>
> http://www.mpeg2ts.com/UOT-100/
>
> I also have a DH-ONE tuner, which does not appear to be associated
> with the above driver:
>
> http://www.mpeg2ts.com/DH-ONE_U2/
>
> I'm not entirely sure there's even a USB driver to handle this.
>
> Japan plans to make the big switch next month!

The CX2341[56] chips, supported by the ivtv driver, are incapable of
DTV.

The CX23418 can support DTV, but the only cards I know of support either
ATSC/QAM or DVB-T.

Please ask your question at linux-media@vger.kernel.org , and check the
wiki:

http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Hardware_Device_Information
http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/ISDB-T_USB_Devices

Regards,
Andy

Re: ISDB-T, aka One Seg aka $B%o%s%;%0(B [ In reply to ]
2011/6/4 David Pimentel <the_q123@hotmail.com>

> Is there support in ivtv for Japanese 1Seg?
>
> I found a site working on a driver, but I don't recognize the module name:
>
> http://www.mpeg2ts.com/UOT-100/
>
> I also have a DH-ONE tuner, which does not appear to be associated with the
> above driver:
>
> http://www.mpeg2ts.com/DH-ONE_U2/
>
> I'm not entirely sure there's even a USB driver to handle this.
>
> Japan plans to make the big switch next month!

Basically ISDB-(T/S) is invented to protect the television companies and not
to help the viewers. This makes that there are not many open source
projects for the ISDB-T receivers for full or 1-seg digital television.
There are solutions but you do need to have a fairly good understanding of
Japanese and Linux to get this working. There are (up to now?) no IVTV
devices available for this.

There are only a few options:
-) PT1 / PT2 a PCI card (development is included in the kernel)
-) MonsterTV HDUS and friends, in PCI and USB versions (The PCI version is a
PCI card with USB controller)
-) Friio
-) Other?

Look here (http://2sen.dip.jp/dtv/) for most of the source and patches to