we can apply the patch to fix this.

Thanks
Robert

Re: PVR-150 Tinny Audio [ In reply to ]
On Sun, 2010-01-17 at 09:05 +0000, Robert Sharp wrote:
> I recently upgraded a PC with the PVR-150 to 2.6.31 and am suffering
> from the return of the tinniness problem. There is an interesting
> discussion in the dev list but no clear resolution. Can someone explain
> either when the fix discussed will be available to ordinary users or how
> we can apply the patch to fix this.

Robert,

I have a fix that Martin is (rightly) not happy with here:

http://linuxtv.org/hg/~awalls/v4l-dvb-bugfix/

if you could test it out and let me know if it make the problem go away,
that would be great.

Then as a second step, if you can normally reliably reproduce the tinny
audio, look to reduce the delays in this part of the patch:

http://linuxtv.org/hg/~awalls/v4l-dvb-bugfix/rev/7753cdcebd28#l2.11

I would appreciate it. I was thinking 10 msec for the first msleep()
and 140 to 100 msec for the second msleep.

The easiest way to test it is:

1. Download:
http://linuxtv.org/hg/~awalls/v4l-dvb-bugfix/archive/tip.tar.gz

2. untar
3. Change into the directory and build:

cd v4l-dvb-bugfix-blahblah/
make

4. Back up your current modules in /linux/`uname -r`/kernel/media
if you want to roll back.

5. Then install the modules as root,unload any running modules, and load
the new ivtv module:

cd v4l-dvb-bugfix-blahblah/
make install
(kill the mythbackend or anything else that has the devices open)
make unload
make unload
modprobe ivtv

And you're ready to test.