Mailing List Archive

Re: hvr1600
On Tue, 2009-11-24 at 21:41 -0700, Warren Sturm wrote:
> Hi Andy.
>
> I wonder if you could take a look at a 10 second segment and tell me if
> this can be corrected. It is a cat from /dev/video1. All channels on
> the hvr1600 are similar and the one OTA digital channel from the same
> hvr1600 is fine. I also have a pvr250 connected via the same splitter
> and it is ok.
>
> I'll stuff the file into:
[snip]
> Size is 6324224
>
> The drivers are from v4l-dvb hg repository from a couple of days ago

Warren,

The clip shows that the CX23418 Ananlog front end has a problem with
getting false horizontal sync edges. It's caused by the very bright
parts of the image, components to the CX23418 getting charged up, active
impedance matching, and automatic gain adjustments all interacting to a
bad result.

The easiest thing to do is try to get the input signal level/brightness
down.

Otherwise, here are my cx18 "technician controls" patches from a few
months ago:
http://linuxtv.org/hg/~awalls/v4l-dvb-ctls/

And an email on what they mean:
http://ivtvdriver.org/pipermail/ivtv-users/2009-August/009513.html

Have fun twiddling the service knobs....

Regards,
Andy

Re: hvr1600 [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 2009-12-02 at 21:25 -0500, Andy Walls wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-11-24 at 21:41 -0700, Warren Sturm wrote:
> > Hi Andy.
> >
> > I wonder if you could take a look at a 10 second segment and tell me if
> > this can be corrected. It is a cat from /dev/video1. All channels on
> > the hvr1600 are similar and the one OTA digital channel from the same
> > hvr1600 is fine. I also have a pvr250 connected via the same splitter
> > and it is ok.
> >
> > I'll stuff the file into:
> [snip]
> > Size is 6324224
> >
> > The drivers are from v4l-dvb hg repository from a couple of days ago
>
> Warren,
>
> The clip shows that the CX23418 Ananlog front end has a problem with
> getting false horizontal sync edges. It's caused by the very bright
> parts of the image, components to the CX23418 getting charged up, active

Oops, that's "components external to the CX23418".

-Andy