Hello All,

I could use some help debugging my PVR-1600 video capture card. I had
everything working fine, but suddenly my video quite working. Now I
just see a grey screen. I can still receive audio, but no video.

I moved the card to a windows machine and verified that the card still
works, but in my Linux server I'm not seeing video. Can someone please
give me some debugging tips?

Thanks!

Re: PVR-1600 Video quit working [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 2009-08-17 at 22:55 -0500, Don Wuerfel wrote:
> Hello All,

Don,

> I could use some help debugging my PVR-1600 video capture card.

I assume you mean HVR-1600.

> I had
> everything working fine, but suddenly my video quite working.

So what changed?

> Now I
> just see a grey screen. I can still receive audio, but no video.

This sounds like you're switched to an SVideo video input that has no
signal, but you've got audio still coming from the audio source (tuner
or line-in?).

> I moved the card to a windows machine and verified that the card still
> works, but in my Linux server I'm not seeing video. Can someone please
> give me some debugging tips?

v4l2-ctl --all
v4l2-ctl --log-status

Will tell you the general configuration of the card's audio and video
inputs and if you have a video signal.

Regards,
Andy