Mailing List Archive

wiki migration - help wanted!
Hello all,

As you might be aware, the wiki is slowly moving to it's new home on
ivtvdriver.org.

A lot of the documentation on the ivtv.writeme.ch wiki is outdated,
referring to old ivtv versions (all the way back to 0.1.9). This is
confusing and really frustrating for people looking for help.

As the newly appointed 'wikimaster', I've been re-writing some of the
documentation as I go, but there is still a lot to be done. I would
appreciate assistance from anyone out there who would like to
contribute.

Have a look at http://ivtvdriver.org/index.php/Documentation and pick
an page! Red pages have no content in them and are probably the first
place to start. See if you can modify the corresponding page at
http://ivtv.writeme.ch, or re-write if necessary.

If there's anything else that you think needs adding, add a link from
the documentation page.

A couple of guidelines for those contributing:

-Please provide instructions for the stable 0.4 release (and latest
svn if you'd like, but at the moment these should be the same).

-Don't use distribution specific commands or concepts (eg: apt-get,
yum, emerge, etc) unless you're writing a distribution specific howto.

-If you're creating a new page, dont use CamelCase, mediawiki converts
spaces to underscores and they look fine.

-Keep things ivtv specific. eg: If you're going to give information on
setting up MythTV, only give information on ivtv specific tasks or
problems.

-Quality over quantity. If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right.

See the mediawiki user guide for guidance
(http://meta.wikipedia.org/wiki/MediaWiki_User%27s_Guide), or shoot me
an email.

Thanks,

Ross