Best regards,

Tom McClung
2tmc@cox.net
Re: UNKNOWN CX18 CARD [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 5:37 PM, Tom McClung <2tmc@cox.net> wrote:
> Unknown Card: vendor/Device: [14f1:5b7a]
>
> Subsystem Vendor/device: [1179:0010]
>
> Defaulting to Hauppauge HVR-1600 card
>
> Invalid EEPROM
>
> System: Toshiba Qosmio G35-AV600
>
> Toshiba TV Tuner
>
> • Region/Standard - US/NTSC Standard Definition (720x480)
>
> • Parental Control and Closed Caption
>
> • TV Tuner Enhancements: 3D Y/C separator, Digital noise reduction,
>
> 10-bit A/D conversion, Time-based correction
>
> My tv tuner card doesn’t appear to work with Ubuntu 10.04 as I received
> notice during the boot process advising me to email www.ivtvdriver.org

> Best regards,
>
> Tom McClung
>
> 2tmc@cox.net

Hey Andy,

I think it may be time to get rid of the "default to HVR-1600" stuff.
If the card isn't recognized, it is probably much worse to create
/dev/video devices that aren't valid. The user can always use "card="
if they actually know what they are doing.

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller - Kernel Labs
http://www.kernellabs.com

Re: UNKNOWN CX18 CARD [ In reply to ]
Tom McClung <2tmc@cox.net> wrote:

>Unknown Card: vendor/Device: [14f1:5b7a]
>Subsystem Vendor/device: [1179:0010]
>Defaulting to Hauppauge HVR-1600 card
>Invalid EEPROM
>
>System: Toshiba Qosmio G35-AV600
>Toshiba TV Tuner
>. Region/Standard - US/NTSC Standard Definition (720x480)
>. Parental Control and Closed Caption
>. TV Tuner Enhancements: 3D Y/C separator, Digital noise reduction,
>10-bit A/D conversion, Time-based correction
>
>My tv tuner card doesn't appear to work with Ubuntu 10.04 as I received
>notice during the boot process advising me to email www.ivtvdriver.org
>
>Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
>
>Best regards,

Supporting this card will require lots of information and work on your part:

http://ivtvdriver.org/pipermail/ivtv-devel/2008-December/005884.html

And even worse me finding time available if you cannot figure out how to add and debug an entry to cx18-cards.c, cx18-cards.h, and cx18-driver.c yourself.

Regards,
Andy