Mailing List Archive

Re: CX18: ffmpeg -i says: Seems stream 0 codec frame rate differs from container frame rate: 59.94 (60000/1001) -> 29.97 (30000/1001)
On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 07:41:42PM +0000, Paulus, Mark G wrote:

> --
> Mark Paulus
> 2424 Garden of the Gods Rd | Phone: v622-5578 / 719-535-5578
> 0419/117 - LEC Access ; C1-1207 | FAX: 719-535-7060
> Colorado Springs, CO 80919
> AIM : mgpaulus1 / sametime : mark.paulus@vzb.verizon.com

I think this is because the MPEG2 is interlaced and so technically
holding 60 half frames but displayed as 30~ whole frames per second.
Actually ffmpeg will give you this error from files it has created
itself, like asf/wmv1/wmav2 do this.

Newer versions of ffmpeg don't output the message for the MPEG2 produced
by the cx3241X chips, older ffmpeg's didn't always calculate this
correctly because of the interlaced nature of the MPEG.

Thanks,
Chris

Chris Kennedy
c@groovy.org