Mailing List Archive

Fw:Re: Acer aspire idea 500?]
Andy,
more questions than answers today I'm afraid...

1) >> and what Acer Box AV inputs correspond to what cx18 driver inputs?

There was quite a lot of work went on last year to establish the ACER AV1/AV2/AV3
connectivity by yourself et-al archived at

http://www.mail-archive.com/ivtv-devel@ivtvdriver.org/msg05519.html

which seemed to establish that

> AV1 is wired to the COMPOSITE1 pin on the CX23418 on the first card
> AV2 is wired to the COMPOSITE6 pin on the CX23418 on the first card
> AV3 is wired to the COMPOSITE1 pin of the CX23418 on the second card

Is this the SW procedure that you wish me to follow again for the connections?
or are you asking for something different ? e.g. physical internal hardware connection
check?

Not a problem: I just want to be sure I'm doing the correct thing, some of this is
a bit outside my areas of expertise so I'm winging-it somewhat here: I also
think I need to read the v4120-ctl manual!

2) I have tested very little, mainly as I don't have a lot of equipment available
to generate/view the various connections, just an old CRT TV and an antennae.

(....also viewing/editing in a terminal window on a TV is difficult, I need to
go upto at least 48 point font just to read it, and it still looks very out
of focus.....very headache inducing! Moan over........ ;-)

Specifically I have tested UHF 8MHz DVB-T on the input side, and Stereo phone jacks +
composite video (phono connector) on the output side. When I tried SCART-out there
was no sound from the input/output SCART (AV3 ??), there was only video. This is as far
as I've got.

To test the AV* inputs I need to find a suitable composite video source.......
hmmmmm..... I'll need to see what I can find lying around for this.

3) >>Also could you provide to me the verbose start-up logs you said failed
>>to make it to the list? I'd like to see if any of your cards have the
>>ZL10353 instead of the MT352.

OK, I'll send this under seperate cover to be sure it gets through, but as far as I can see
they're both MT352

4) >> I will need you to test both of these changes when I'm ready.

OK no problem.

I'll start reading the v4l man pages......................

Steve