Mailing List Archive

cx18: Sliced VBI and mystery reboots as a bonus
The initial code for having the cx18 driver perform sliced VBI is here:

http://linuxtv.org/hg/~awalls/cx18-sliced-vbi

In testing with zvbi-ntsc-cc from libzvbi, I've found that *sometimes*
sliced CC from the cx18 driver works great.

And at other times I've found I get a S_FMT failure and after more
attempts to do sliced VBI, the machine reboots with no warning: no oops,
no panic, no hang - it just reboots (triple fault on invalid opcode
maybe?)

I'll be looking into the problem more, but right now I at least wanted
to get something pushed out to a repo before I tank my machine that had
the initial changeset on it. :)

Regards,
Andy