Mailing List Archive

cx18: Toshiba Qosmio support will require data from owners, Toshiba unable to help
To owners of Toshiba Qosmio laptops with CX23418 based video capture
hardware:

Unfortunately, Toshiba has responded to my request for information to
easily support these devices by politely declining for reasons that I
understand (I think - language barrier).

Although this may be disappointing to some, please remember that Toshiba
is generally helpful to the Linux community:

http://linux.toshiba-dme.co.jp/linux/index.htm

even if they couldn't be in this case for various reasons.

So, now if anyone wants support for these devices, I really do need to
see detailed pictures of the hardware: CX23418, memory chips, tuner
chips, and other supporting chips to have a chance of supporting this
hardware properly. Also user experimentation and feedback will be
needed to get audio and GPIO pin definitions right.

There seem to be 4 variant of the hardware 3 with only analog support
and 1 with analog and DVB-T. One of the 3 variants with analog only is
for Japan, one is for worldwide, and I can't remember what the other one
is for.

An appropriate place to upload information and pictures of the Toshiba
Qosmio video hardware would be the Wiki at linuxtv.org:

http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/List_of_Device_Vendors

Currently there is no entry for Toshiba as a vendor, nor any hardware
devices.

Regards,
Andy