Mailing List Archive

Accept packets when QUEUE is down
Hi,

I have an application that monitors packets being forwarded through the
machine using a simple rule in the iptables.

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT)
target prot opt source destination
QUEUE all -- anywhere anywhere

When the application is down (or queue is full) all packets will be
dropped. For a specific application that I have, I need the opposite
behavior so by default packets will be accepted and not dropped in the
case the user space application fails to pick them off the queue. Is
there a way I can configure the kernel in a way that it will accept
packets when the application fails to clear packets from the QUEUE
instead of dropping them ?

Thanks in advance

-Amir