Mailing List Archive

Iptables List operation
Hi
I am working on some performance measures of the IPtables these days. I
want to know; Is it possible that output of iptables list command i.e.
iptables -L with -n -v can be changed so that I can view my variables
along with the other chains. I have tried to find out; but i am still
in searching.

My work is related to protocols and is therefore I want to print output
along with the list of rules. Since the rules in each chain has been
implemented in the link list format; it is very difficult to print
variables through proc filesystem due to the variability nature of the
link list.

I have tried with strace to find which module does this operation
calls; and I have come with libipt_standard.so library file. I have
seen the code; but didnt find which function is processing the list
request.

Regards