.VECTEN Sébastien

To: netfilter@lists.netfilter.org
netfilter-failover@lists.netfilter.org
Re: Change ip_conntrack_sip default port [ In reply to ]
Hi Sébastien

There is a match module that may do what you want:
"-m helper" with --helper argument that in wour case sould be
"sip-xxxx" I believe

I came across this in the iptables manual but never tested. Please let
me know if it works for You.

Best regards
Michel

Re: Change ip_conntrack_sip default port [ In reply to ]
Hello,

Sebastien VECTEN a écrit :

> I tried to change the default port of sip_contrack and h323_conntrack
> in iptables. The problem is those conntrack are "hard compiled" in the
> kernel (not as module if not the command "modprobe ip_conntrack_sip
> port=xxxx" is the solution).
>
> I would like to know if its possible to change this port (without
> change kernel) when the conntrack is "hard compiled" and especially
> where?

In the bootloader (lilo, grub...) configuration file.

From linux-2.6.x/Documentation/kernel-parameters.txt :

Module parameters for loadable modules are specified only as the
parameter name with optional '=' and value as appropriate, such as:

modprobe usbcore blinkenlights=1

Module parameters for modules that are built into the kernel image
are specified on the kernel command line with the module name plus
'.' plus parameter name, with '=' and value if appropriate, such as:

usbcore.blinkenlights=1
Re: Change ip_conntrack_sip default port [ In reply to ]
Hi,

Thank you for your response, the good solution is the helper module to change the defaut port.

-m helper --helper sip-5068 in a rule.

Thanks.

VECTEN Sébastien

To: netfilter@lists.netfilter.org
Cc: netfilter-failover@lists.netfilter.org
Re: Change ip_conntrack_sip default port [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 27 Aug 2007, Sebastien VECTEN wrote:

> Thank you for your response, the good solution is the helper module to
> change the defaut port.
>
> -m helper --helper sip-5068 in a rule.

That is absolutely false: that is a *match*, which cannot do whatsoever
with the ports of the helpers.

The SIP helper supports to specify the ports to listen to:

# modprobe ip_conntrack_sip ports=5060[,up to 8 ports]

Best regards,
Jozsef
-
E-mail : kadlec@blackhole.kfki.hu, kadlec@sunserv.kfki.hu