to got to 198.162.0.1. It's created on the machine that I need to do the
routing on. It's a Linux machine using iptables 1.2.9. Neither SNAT or
DNAT seem to work. DNAT wants to work on the incomming packets but does
what I need. SNAT will work on the outgoing packets but doesn't do what I
need. Mangle seems to only want to send packets to my 127.0.0.1.

Any help would be appreciated.

Will

believed to be clean.
Re: Please help redirecting locally generated traffic [ In reply to ]
On 07/19/07 17:45, aragonx@dcsnow.com wrote:
> I have a situation where an application on my box wants to talk to
> the wrong IP address. The developers will gladly fix the bug in the
> next version but I need a quicker fix.

Typical...

> Here is the situation. I have traffic that is going to 10.0.0.1 and
> needs to got to 198.162.0.1. It's created on the machine that I need
> to do the routing on. It's a Linux machine using iptables 1.2.9.
> Neither SNAT or DNAT seem to work. DNAT wants to work on the
> incomming packets but does what I need. SNAT will work on the
> outgoing packets but doesn't do what I need. Mangle seems to only
> want to send packets to my 127.0.0.1.

Ugh. You are wanting to redirect traffic that is not following the
normal packet flow through the kernel.

> Any help would be appreciated.

Have you considered adding the 10.0.0.1 IP address to equipment with a
corresponding 10.0.0.x IP address to your system?

Or you may be able to look in to some sort of (socks?) proxy rapper that
will bind a 10.0.0.1 and allow you to redirect the traffic over to
198.162.0.1.

Grant. . . .